Continuum feed issues ($DJI, $COMPX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuum feed issues ($DJI, $COMPX)

Engineering is currently investigating the feed issues for indices (like $DJI and $COMPX) on continuum affecting QCharts 5.x clients.

Todd,

How about the QC 6.0.2 issue of the $INDU not reflecting the current price. Mark Hanes on CNBC just said the Dow is up 170 points but QCharts is showing a net of -332. Broker says dow is up 173...

Is this also a continuum problem? In any case it is MY problem. This has been happening a lot lately.

Tom

Comment

6.x doesn't use continuum for this data, that would come from the Data Manager (DM).

A way to tell if its the DM, is by going to file and symbol monitor on the DM. Enter $INDU and click on "ToReceiver" and it should display the data under the Change column.

If that data is incorrect there, the problem is likely related to that DM (http://tickreporter.esignal.com/) would alert QA of which DM to correct/take down.

If the data is correct on the DM but not in the program for the change/net, the problem may possibly have been the reset being dropped on the desktop (between DM and the program), which probably would correct if the program was relaunched.

Comment

Funny, when I went into the Symbol Monitor and selected $INDU and ToReceiver, the net is now correct (showing +162). Coincidence?

Is this the way to correct the Net when it is displaying incorrectly? I had no idea. It is not that intuitive, to say the least, that this is something that the user must do... How about a button in QCharts that does this on demand for all the symbols on all quote sheets? Better yet, how about making it right from the server side in the first place??

Comment

Basically columns like net, reset when that data record is sent/received. It may be that clicking ToReceiver resent that record, basically refreshing the quote sheet for that symbol.

This problem does not sound server side as it looks like the server had the data.

But I can send a request to [email protected] to suggest having an option to force a "refresh" of quote window data.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddI
            Basically columns like net, reset when that data record is sent/received. It may be that clicking ToReceiver resent that record, basically refreshing the quote sheet for that symbol.

This problem does not sound server side as it looks like the server had the data.

But I can send a request to [email protected] to suggest having an option to force a "refresh" of quote window data.
            Todd, sounds more like a QC 6 defect. Rather than requesting a new feature that would not correct the issue and would in fact place the responsibility on the user to monitor values outside of the application and then force a reset when the application is not working as designed, can you move this to the QC6 beta feedback thread?

I can confirm this defect exists in the current beta as well as the previous beta release.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

The data provider for continuum was able to switch to a different ticker feed, which looks to be displaying more data than earlier today.

Comment

Engineering is contacting our data provider for issues related to the continuum feed currently. Lack of volume/data on symbols, very few updates on indices like $dji and $compx

Comment

Our data provider was able to switch ticker feeds again which has improved how much data is coming through.

Comment

Working...
                  X