Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do PCT and Point Gain Hot Lists Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do PCT and Point Gain Hot Lists Work?

I thought that the US Stocks Percent and Point Gain hot list would show me the biggest gainers in % or $ but its not. I am curious how qcharts builds this list.

For instance I have Percent and Point Gainers up. I see a stock not on either of the hotlist lists, PKK it is currently + $7.23 +16.90%.

The % list doesn't show PKK and its lowest displayed % gainer is 8.79%.

The $ list doesn't show PKK and its lowest displayed $ gainer is $2.27.

I see an easy 10+ stocks that should be on the Percent or Point Hot list but are not listed.

Are the hot lists broken or is there some algorithm these hot lists go through to filter out results.

I am using v5. I would also like to know if v6 hotlists act differently.

Thanks

I am not seeing any move at all for PKK today... not even a candle. Last candle that painted closed around 14:00 yesterday. I am using 6.0.2 but I also checked a couple of other sources and see no candle for today. You are looking at NYSE:PKK Preferred Plus Trust?

Whoops, while I was typing this, PKK finally painted a candle gap down from yesterday's close of 11.97 and ending at 11.59. Looks like someone just traded 400 shares.

Just fwiw,

Tom

Comment

haha !! Yah, I meant PKX. I am looking at PKK now and it looks like a very low volume mover.

The hotlist seems to have caught up to PKX as well as several other ones I was looking at. I guess the hotlist is inaccurate around opening and more accurate as the day progresses.

Comment

Working...
      X