Small Charts won't Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Charts won't Display

I have 2 workspaces - one for index and futures, and one for my trading basket. The index space is working fine. I can see all charts from Weekly, Daily,....5 minute. I can even type in symbols like AAPL and see all those charts.

The trading basket space has a problem. I can see Weekly and Daily charts fine. For charts smaller than the Daily, it will not display any candles or indicators such as Stoch RSI, MACD. I can see lines and words I have added but no actual data for those charts smaller than Daily.

I am running 6.0.3 with no problem until today. I have Vista with a tricked out machine. I use QFAI.

I have done the following with no positive results:

- Rebooted
    - Reloaded QFAI and changed servers.
    - Used Ctrl-Alt-N to change to every server listed.
    - Started up Qcharts without QFAI.
    - Clicked on Daily Chart and then saved as default layout and opened new chart and set to 55 mins.

This is a strange one. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks
    Jason

Jason,

Dang, you did everything I would have done... Some questions though, are you running the two workspaces at the same time or, if not, how are you switching between them (Hotkey or file-open workspace)?

Are there lots of lines or symbols or columns on quotesheets defined in the Basket workspace? if you are on a tricked out machine, I wouldn't think memory would be an issue, but I have found with large workspaces (lots of lines, lots of symbols, lots of indicators, lots of columns on quotesheets) might have an impact on chart drawing. Lastly, do the smaller charts minute intervals divide into 390 cleanly?

Doesn't sound like a server issue to me. I would suggest trying 6.0.2 and see if the problem is the same. Sounds like another 6.0.3 bug to me...

Tom

Comment

Well it is "fixed"

Tom,
      You gave me an idea. I run separate installations and generally do not hotkey. So I used the installation for my index workspace that seems to work and loaded the trading basket workspace.

Ta-Dah! It works. So I just downloaded the latest beta, reloaded the install and am off and running again. I have no clue waht became corrupted since I haven't had any environmental changes since my last windows update a couple of days ago.

Oh well. Thanks for the help.

best,
      Jason

Comment

Cool man! Glad I could help...

All the best,
        Tom

Comment

Re: Well it is "fixed"

Originally posted by jhill1965
          I run separate installations and generally do not hotkey.
          Jason, that was happening to me for awhile. I would find also that the Dom Tick icon on the affected instance of QCharts was red. Next step was a phone call to QC support to have my account cleared on the domestic tic server. This happened quite a few times over a span of several weeks. Ultimately I started hot keying between workspaces rather than run 2 instances.

Jim

Comment

Interesting....

Well, guess what. The install that I had that was previously working just started doing what the install that I just wrote over was doing. The Dom Tick is red on it. Wonder if that is a clue?? hmmm. I think I will just upgrade to the newer 6.0.3 build for that install too. Better to do that than report an issue with an older version. I was running an older beta and luckily that was the first problem I have seen with it.

Thanks Jim.

Comment

Uh oh...

Hi,
              I didnt have time to reinstall the other instance of 6.0.3 with the latest beta before I did my homework tonight. When I start the old install of 6.0.3 I now can see all charts including the small charts. The "new" install with the latest beta has the Dom Tick red light problem. So it doesnt seem to be a client side iinstall issue or workspace issue. Any suggestions anyone?

Jay, Larry, others?

Thanks.
              Jason

Comment

Jason, if you are running 2 instances of QCharts simultaneously, close the instance that is working and then close and relaunch the instance that is not working. I found by experience that apparently 2 logons are allowed on the domestic tic server and sometimes just one logon instance gets hung up.

If you are not running multiple instances simultaneously and are in fact closing the first instance before launching the second instance I don't have a clue but would still call customer support in the morning and ask them.

Regards

Jim

Comment

Jason,

Sorry, but I got's nuttin' regarding a solution or insight into what you are experiencing.

I tried and tried and just can't get a Red DOM, or intraday's not filling. At one point I had 4 copies of 6.0 running concurrently this evening (1379, 1366, 1324 and 6.0.2.0). I keep older versions when adding newer versions so I can run performance comparisons. And when running multiple copies in the past doing performance compares, never had a red DOM. So, a big ?? here.

That being said, that does not mean I haven't had to exit/restart to get intraday charts in the past. But methinks that's another story altogether. No red DOM involved, just blank intraday's due to who knows what.

LAM

Comment

Hey,
                    What has happened in the past is the "Red Dom Tick" means there's too many pending connections to the DM server. That makes the intraday charts stop.

Two things have worked:
                    1- Call Customer Service 510-785-1254 and get them to terminate the pending connections that have built up.

2- some folks have had luck with logging off of the "broken" PC, then going to another PC, logging in to your QCharts there, leaving it up and running for about 5 minutes, then going back to the broken PC and logging back in to QCharts (while the other one is still running) and sometimes that has jogged the connection manager and reset things.

They do have a fix for this on the DM serverside coming and right now there is a script running that should detect multiple pending connections and reset them. It sounds like that's not what you're getting though IF you're still seeing the red Dom Tick and still not getting intraday charts.

So if you're still not seeing intraday charts, try solution #2 above if you can (if you have access to another PC) and barring that, solution #1.

Comment

Working...
                    X