Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong market hours again for TF

Hi there,

I have wrong market hours again for TF, i.e. 9:00 am to 16:00 pm. I am on Vista and 6.0.2, and have done the compatibility with XP SP2 and running this programme as the administrator bit. Anyone knows what the problem is this time?

Re: Wrong market hours again for TF

yuio,

Is this still an issue for you?
    If so, do a Help>View QCharts Directory and note the Date Modified for file MktHours.inf. As of today the MktHours date should be 11/8/2008.

In 6.0, the MktHours time-mapper file still comes from the 5.1 servers, and sometimes a server or two mysteriously have back level MktHours files that don't have an update for TF (and the other ICE syms that went thru an EXCH change a few months ago)

LAM

Originally posted by yuio789
    Hi there,

I have wrong market hours again for TF, i.e. 9:00 am to 16:00 pm. I am on Vista and 6.0.2, and have done the compatibility with XP SP2 and running this programme as the administrator bit. Anyone knows what the problem is this time?

Comment

Thanks really Larry; it is fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by yuio789
        Thanks really Larry; it is fixed now.
        Thanks for the Thanks, yuio.

When this condition happens, an exit/restart of 6.0 can sometimes get one connected with a different 5.1 server, one that does not have an outdated MktHours.

However, sometimes exit/restart, in a short period of time, will throw one consistently back on the same server. To insure an initial connection to a different 5.1 server (when running 6.0) is a multifaceted process. An illustrated tutorial would be nice here <grin>, but in general, using words at a somewhat high level...

1. With 6.0 running with bogus MktHours, determine the offending 5.1 servers IP #.
        Use Dos Prompt (command window) to enter command "netstat -N".
        Look for the IP # associated with Port 23100.
        or...
        It's in the Connections tab in TaskInfo $hareware system monitor (if set for IP#)
        or...
        any other network monitoring tool one may have may show info.

2. Exit 6.0

3A. If QFAI user, exclude that server from the QFAI QuickSelect or Ping&Select list.
        [For the current IP# to QFAI IP_Name XREF, see file "Look-up.LST" in QFAI folder ]

3B. If regular user, delete the offending IP # from file ContinuumClient.INI in the QCharts folder.

4. Restart 6.0

LAM

Comment

Hi Larry,

I have finally had the opportunity to put your advice into practise. Wrong normal market hours again today: yesterday (27 Nov 08) is charted as a normal market day in my QCharts, and when I check the programme directory, the MktHours file was last modified on 08 Nov 08, while the MktHoursESignal one on 22 Sep 08.

At least I know what the problem is this time. But, can you please tell me how to do the Dos Prompt (command window) to enter command "netstat -N"???

Alternatively, is there a way I can update the MktHours file manually?

Really, at this rate going, I will owe you big time.
          Last edited by yuio789; 11-28-2008, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Hey yuio,

Yep, that MktHours file (08 Nov 08) is back level, and does not have the Thanksgiving holiday update. I just did a quick run of the Continuum servers and looks like you were unlucky 'nuff to hit the only one that's back level. Phooey on that.

See if this post will get you going regarding the netstat thingy.... Post121419

[Edit note: Don't worry about the old MktHoursESignal.INF file, unless you are subscribed for and have a need for foreign exchange syms]

LAM

Comment

Cheers Larry; all done now.

Yep, only one Continuum server had the back level, and I had to hit that one. Phooey indeed. Story of my life.

Comment

Cool. Glad issue resolved for you.

LAM

Comment

I just scanned all the QC5 servers and all had the same MktHours file date (2008/11/26 06:08:16) except for CC10-hwd.quote.com which was '
                  "2008/11/23 21:49:36".

Larry, shouldn't CC10 and CC11 have the same MktHours file or have things changed since I was last informed?

~Bob

Comment

Hey Scotty,

I see all servers with the most recent file (the 11/26/2008 file) except, as you note, CC10. I see an 11/08/2008 file on CC10. And yep, all servers should have the same most current file. This may be due to the maintenance they do every Saturday to sync the databases.

However, irrespective of maintenance, It just happens that on occasion one, or more, servers magically shows up with a back level file. Just the other day, long after the upload of the 11/26/2008 file, there were 4 servers still carrying the 11/08/2008 file. These back level conditions come and go. I try and let the PTB know whenever I notice the condition.

Anyhoo, I'm in the process of tweaking the 11/26 file to compensate for something I noticed, where a couple of symbol's actual run times over the holiday was just goofy. I'll be sending that to the PTB for another push to the servers. Let's see if that push hits all the servers OK.

LAM
                    Originally posted by bobscott
                    I just scanned all the QC5 servers and all had the same MktHours file date (2008/11/26 06:08:16) except for CC10-hwd.quote.com which was '
                    "2008/11/23 21:49:36".

Larry, shouldn't CC10 and CC11 have the same MktHours file or have things changed since I was last informed?

~Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X