Where is the TRIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the TRIN

Yesterday, and so far today, I have been unable to get data for any of the three TRINs. I have tried a few different servers but nothing seems to work. I have the same problem with TICK.NY-QC and ADVDEC-QC. The other two symbols for TICK and ADVDEC work fine. Anyone have an explanation, or a solution? Thanks.

Hey lloydmarie,

fwiw, as you can see in the screenshot, the "-QC" syms are working for me. I don't know why some would work for you, yet not so for others.

However, I did notice an issue with ctrl-alt-N in 6.0. Indeed 6.0 will connect with another 5.1 Continuum server (where the QC Breadth syms come from), but the quotes then go dead for QC syms, stop updating. No way I can see to recover the QC syms updating after ctrl-alt-N, or if one has automatically been switched to another Continuum server by QCharts, other than exit/restart 6.0.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry. Previously, I have had TICK, TRIN and ADVDEC quit updating and I could get them working again by closing and then re-opening the program. As of yesterday, though, those symbols I mentioned previously just won't work at all, even with a restart. Guess I will have to find a bigger stick to beat on my computer. I am running 6.0.2 on a really fast computer so I really don't know what the problem is.

Comment

Lloyd,

To test for the possibility your workspace has become dinged/corrupt, try this....

Download the workspace I used for the screenshot. It's a simple one and will fit on a single monitor.
        http://share.esignal.com/download.js...readth_6.0.qcw

Exit 602
        Restart using Blank workspace option at Login.
        Open the new workspace.

LAM

Comment

Larry, I downloaded your file and there is no data for those five symbols. I also can open the Breadth workspace and those five symbols are blank in that workspace, too.

Lloyd

Comment

Well...hmmm....and phooey.

Try the Login to blank, then load my workspace again.
            Immediately do...
            On taskbar, click Start > Run and type in... CMD
            In the command window enter...

netstat -n

Note the IP Number associated with Port 23100.
            In my screenshot here I have several. I'm running two 5.1's and a 6.0.
            You should have but one.

Lemme know the IP number, and I'll connect to that one initially and directly with 6.0 and see if I can get what you are getting.

And remember, a crtl-alt-N, or QCharts forced auto-switch, from existing continuum connection will kill the QC stuff from updating.

LAM
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry. I had to step out and the market is just closing so maybe we will have to do this tomorrow. I did what you mentioned and got the following IP number:

Thanks,

Lloyd

Comment

Well, phooey again. This just doesn't compute. I don't have a problem with the syms on cc-11 (216.23.226.207).

When you Login with Blank workspace option, and then load my workspace, does the Title Field in the quotesheet, for the ones you say are not working, say..."Looking up"...and the others give a valid title and data? A screenshot of what you're seeing would be helpful.

I'm pretty much tapped out. Ain't got nuttin' else, except that you could use eSignal data server symbols. For a list of eSignal Breadth syms, click THIS

LAM

Comment

Hi Larry. Well, I don't have a clue. When I open your workspace, The title field for the ones that don't have data just have the symbol, e.g., QC:TRIN-QC. It doesn't say anything about "Looking Up." The title field for the others that are working say "US Stocks TICK, NASDAQ TICK, etc., as they should. I don't know how to put a screen shot into this forum but the symbol list you sent work just fine so at least that will give me the data I want. Sort of a work around I guess. Thanks for all the help.

Lloyd

Comment

Lloyd,

I'm flummoxed, to say the least.

Oh well, at least you're on the air with the eSignal data server syms.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                    X