OIH, BBH lack of data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIH, BBH lack of data

Anybody know why OIH & BBH data has ceased since 11.21?

I'm on 5.1.0.21

Bob

Hey Bob,

Those syms, and a bunch of other Holdrs and ETFs recently moved from AMEX to NYSE in the 5.1 feed. I'm guessing that you need to update your quotesheet(s) that have the old AMEX exchange attached to those syms. See attached screenshot.

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

That was it. Thanks, Larry.

I saw the notice that some ETFs has changed exchanges, but didn't realize all I had to do was delete the symbol and then re-enter the symbol in the quote sheet .

Appreciate it.

Bob

Comment

Larry, come to think of it, is there something similar going on with USM? It was on AMEX until mid Sept. But when it switched to NYSE, the data from the AMEX doesn't carry over.

Bob

Comment

Hey Bob,

There's a file used by QCharts 5.1 that "stitches" together symbols that have moved. Namely CompSyms2.INF. An entry for the stock USM (and other's I'm sure <grin>) has not been done. As folks run across these, they should be reported.

One way is to send an email to support.
          http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=3147&p=25

And there's a "form" somewhere...search for Data Integrity at the QCharts Knowledge Base.

However, in the case of USM, I'll send a report since I found another unstitched stock whilst looking up whazzup with USM.

In the meantime, you can stitch by typing into the symbol box with a special format. While this will give you a stitched chart, it will leave you without quote info...like Last and Net and etc.
          NYSE:USM | AMEX:USM
          [the | is uppercase backslash)
          or...
          one could put the above in a quotesheet if enclosed in parens ( ). But again, no field values.

Or you could put an entry into your local stitch file. Namely CompSyms.ZNF.
          This will give a proper stitch, giving field values.
          http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/symbol_merging.htm

To many or's here...

LAM

Comment

Hey Larry,
            Is this the form you were looking for?
            http://tickreporter.esignal.com/
            You can use the "Comments" field to elaborate on the ETF issue at hand.
            Last edited by billbled; 12-04-2008, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Howdy Bill...how you doin'

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure that's for eSignal data issues, which includes QCharts 6.0, but alas not QCharts 5.1. Check the Software Used pulldown.

LAM

Comment

Hey,
                Valid point on the TickReporter - 6.x only.
                I sent an email back to HQ to see what the best reporting option is for getting stuff on the Continuum farm reported. It may be to just send an email in to tech support at qqctech@.....

I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Bill & Larry,

Sorry for the delay in thanking you for the responses. After USM fix itself automatically (I thought) I never returned to the forum.

Thanks again.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X