Magical symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical symbols

Like magic, symbols disappear and are replaced once or twice a day, it seems, usually by CME or OIH.

It's always happened from time to time, but lately freq. has increased.

I'm using 5.1.0.21

Any thoughts?

Bob

You should try to get off 5 as soon as possible. If your computer cannot run 6.0.2 you should consider buying one that will run it.

I had major differences in the indicators between 5.0.1 and the 6 versions. I asked the question which one was correct. I was shocked to hear that 5 has been dropping data and was inaccurate and I have been using 6 ever since.

I am using the 6.0.2 which can be downloaded off the main website. Stay away from the 6.0.3 since it doesn't display the proper closings after hours. I don't trust using something with that kind of flaw to trade real money with, but supposedly it works fine during market hours.

version 6 is decent, it doesn't have the full intraday data or full option stuff, and is more of a resource hog, and has a nasty memory leak, but its data is more accurate.

If you do decide to try 6 and you have a lot of symbols on your workspace you can increase performance by having a "research" workspace with all your symbols and charts on it. Then pick the stocks you want to trade that day and put them in a new quote file and do a "save as" to something like "trading", close all your other symbols and use the "trading" workspace during market hours. Also if you have any super short charts like 5min or 1min it sometimes kills qcharts so close them when you are not actively using them.

Form post for version 5 bad data

Post to 6.0.3 closing issue

Comment

Working...
    X