Gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gs

GS this evening (02-09-2009) on a daily chart is showing a red candle on QCharts 6.03 and a white candle on QCharts 5.1.021. Qcharts 5.1 is correct. What's the story????

Hey SeeWill,

I see what it is I think you're reporting. I'm assuming that you're on 6.0.3.1459. Yes?

That version has issues when charting after hours. Especially if workspace has both Daily and Weekly charts, or a Daily (no weekly) and an All Sessions chart. One workaround is to have only Daily and RTH (Regular Trading Hours) intraday charts, no ETH (Extended Trading Hours...i.e. All Sessions) intraday charts.

I personally use 6.0.3.1445. LINK

LAM

Comment

GS Data

Hi Larry,
      You're exactly right. I do a lot of my charting after hours. I will use 6.03.1445 for charting. Next time I will include my exact version of QCharts.

Thank you,
      Charlie

Comment

You're welcome, Charlie.

1445 isn't completely OK. There is the occassional spike. But with 1445 it seems that one can move to another symbol, then when coming back to the offending sym it's OK. With 1459, the spikes to 0 and the invalid Dailys (Close not spiked to 0, but bad nonetheless) are consistently bad, and a come-back doesn't help.

LAM

Comment

Using 1459,

Switching an intra-day chart to one minute less will usually fix the spike. (9 for a 10, 59 for a 60). If the spike happens again on another symbol, switch it back to 10 or 60.

Also, sometimes you can fix it by cancelling "All Sessions" and then selecting it again.

'Tail.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtaill
            Using 1459,
            Switching an intra-day chart to one minute less will usually fix the spike. (9 for a 10, 59 for a 60). If the spike happens again on another symbol, switch it back to 10 or 60.
            Also, sometimes you can fix it by cancelling "All Sessions" and then selecting it again.
            'Tail.
            Thanks for the post. I'm aware of the various labor intensive and time consuming games one can play in trying to coax a good chart out of 1459 after hours. I'll stick with 1445.

LAM

Comment

Working...
            X