How do I keep lines on chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I keep lines on chart?

I want to create a new research workspace, and I want to mark up a chart to show me specified dates. I then want to cycle through a few symbols and have the line stay with the chart rather then disappearing with every symbol change. I plan on using clean charts that do not already contain lines.

What files store the lines info? Does anyone know how to duplicate lines from one symbol to another? Are there any esignal or user hacks I can use?

I tried the QCWTool, but it says no changes are needed, then I can no longer use that file.

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: How do I keep lines on chart?

Originally posted by jmhuff-2
    I want to create a new research workspace, and I want to mark up a chart to show me specified dates. I then want to cycle through a few symbols and have the line stay with the chart rather then disappearing with every symbol change. I plan on using clean charts that do not already contain lines.

What files store the lines info? Does anyone know how to duplicate lines from one symbol to another? Are there any esignal or user hacks I can use?

I tried the QCWTool, but it says no changes are needed, then I can no longer use that file.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Matt,
    I don't think you'll be able to do that in QCharts. Unfortunately, the charts will hold the lines/notes only for the symbol - i.e., you could put in your notes/lines on a Daily chart, and then change the Interval of that same chart to say a Weekly or 60-minute chart, and the notes/lines are still there. However, the lines/notes will not show up for a different symbol.

Bill is generating an updated list of bugs and also has started a "Wish List" as well. You might want to put this on the Wish List. Go over to his thread here

Carol

Comment

Thanks Carol.

Comment

Well, I can't even save a line on ONE chart! I keep trying to save just ONE line on 1 chart and as soon as I reopen the chart/workspace...POOF!, the line is gone! What the heck is that?

I'm using QC version 6.0.3

Comment

Hey indextrader,

In View>Preferences>Workspaces turn ON "Show workspace full path on QCharts title".

Make sure when you Open workspace that it's from the same path that you Saved to.

LAM
          Originally posted by indextrader
          Well, I can't even save a line on ONE chart! I keep trying to save just ONE line on 1 chart and as soon as I reopen the chart/workspace...POOF!, the line is gone! What the heck is that?

I'm using QC version 6.0.3

Comment

I figured out how I can accomplish marking up a chart with years of lines and transfer those same exact lines to another symbol.

1) Download the QCWTool
            2) Save a COPY of your workspace to a new location so you can safely edit it
            3) Run the QCWTool, and select the "Replace" button then click "Run Tool"
            4) Choose your COPIED workspace file
            5) Click on "Add Symbol Mapping"
            6) Enter in the symbol you marked up, aka RIMM, syntax is: NASDAQ:RIMM
            7) Enter in the the symbol you want your lines copied to, aka AAPL, syntax is: NASDAQ:AAPL
            8) Click Replace and Save
            9) Open up your newly saved workspace and all your lines have been transferred from one symbol to another.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhuff-2
              I figured out how I can accomplish marking up a chart with years of lines and transfer those same exact lines to another symbol.
              Thanks Matt, that seems to work well. It's a little clumsy but it should do until ESignal builds the functionality into QCharts.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X