Data ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data ?

It would be nice to have some data coming in .. Anyone home?
    Markets are OPEN and Trading!

Hello,

If you are still experiencing the problem, please provide answers to the following:

1) What version of QC are you running? If on pre 6.0, that will tell us we're talking about the legacy QC network and if post 6.0, we'll look at the eSignal network.

2) What markets are you following? We cover over 100 global exchanges so at any given moment, there's at least a handful of exchanges open, including Forex.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Same problem here. I use 6.0.3, with a Vista OS. In all my normal market-hour charts for TF, there are no data between 9:30:00 and 10:14:59am for today 09/March/2009. Such data only appear in the all-section chart.

I have tried several different servers, all with the same result.

Anyone has any ideas?

Comment

I believe this should correct for the issue:

QCharts 6.0.3 gaps in charts - There is a bug (related to daylight savings time) that creates a gap for the first hour of trading. To correct for this bug, in "View", click on preferences and then the "Multi-Minute Bars" tab and choose the second option "Build bars from largest interval that fits evenly into session times"

Comment

ToddI,

I've been using QCharts for about 10 years now. Reading your response, it occurs to me that twice a year, we experience DST; and it seems that twice a year, we have a bungle on the charts as a result. Additionally, there are about a dozen holidays throughout the year, and it seems that typically the charts bungle the day after. I'm convinced there is a repeatable pattern here.

Is this something that could possibly be looked into for a permanent fix instead of every time there is some sort of extraneous event the charts cause us either to lose money or a lost opportunity as we cannot see proper candles?

I am not trying to be sarcastic - I'm just very frustrated with having spent 4 hours yesterday reviewing my charts; being ready to go this morning with a great trade, but already missed $2 on 10 contracts (that's $2000 is you're not a trader) this morning at the open because my charts were totally bungled.

Please provide detail if your organization is looking into a permanent fix or if we should just all plan to stop trading on any day after a holiday or DST?

Thank you for looking into this matter.
          Carol

Comment

Thanks Todd. Unfortunately, that does not fix the problem. The attached image below is what I have after trying that method.

And I agree with Carol, the previous poster. I have been using QCharts around 6 years, and lately I do begin to ask myself a lot why I should still stick with it. Really, problems with time-changing and holidays are nothing new, but we still have these problems EVERY TIME.

And there is that real-time daily volume in my TF charts. It is NEVER correct. I have upgraded from 5.* to 6.0.3 now, and the real-time daily volume is ALWAYS distorted.

Because I trade based on such information, it hinders my trading, or even leads me into wrong trading decisions.

I still like lots of features at QCharts, which were what attracted me to it in the first place. But what is the use of a data service when it actually hampers my trading???
            Attached Files

Comment

Using the accurate but slow bars takes 10 times as long to do research and is also very cumbersome to attempt to use during the trading day if one wants to view more than one symbol.

No intraday candles prior to 10:30 really screws up the Indicators and makes it impossible to trade with the "fast" bars.

What is the plan to fix the no intraday candles before 10:30?

Please advise. Thanks.
              Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

intraday issues

I agree with Carol. Its impossible to trade and rely on the indicators with an hour gap in the data. As a day trader, it has become increasingly challenging to use Qcharts with any confidence. As other users have stated, we continue to lose money due to bugs in your software. Do you have plans to fix this issue today?

Thank you,
                Brenda Cooper

Comment

Carol et al.,

We are most certainly looking into correcting the DST problem and from a larger picture we are committed to fixing each issue in the QCharts software. While I can't go into details, we are in the process of realigning the QCharts dev. team and the goals of 6.0.3 and 6.1. This will ensure that the proper attention is given to the software and that we can once again see some active progress on this front.

Back to the DST issue, until this issue is corrected, the use of the "accurate charts" setting is main work-around. We know that the chart downloads are much bigger and the time to flip between symbols is extended, however the charts will be much more accurate and not display this gap.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                  X