Daily lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily lockups

I'm running 6.0.2 and experience daily lockups when switching between workspaces. Sometimes its for a minute or two and sometimes I end up having to force a shutdown and restart of the program. Reading through prior posts I wasnt able to determine if this was fixed in the latest version or not.
    Any help or input appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Daily lockups

Originally posted by bhds
    I'm running 6.0.2 and experience daily lockups when switching between workspaces. Sometimes its for a minute or two and sometimes I end up having to force a shutdown and restart of the program. Reading through prior posts I wasnt able to determine if this was fixed in the latest version or not.
    Any help or input appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm running 6.0.3 and experience QC locking up daily - multiple times daily. Sometimes it will self-correct in 10-20 seconds; sometimes a couple of minutes; and, like you, sometimes I have to force a shutdown and reboot to get out of it.

This is a known bug from the Alpha days - some improvements have been made; but, unfortunately, it still plagues us.

Carol

Comment

Do I understand correctly that there is not a version that has corrected the lockup problems?

Comment

That's correct.
        Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
          That's correct.
          Carol
          Carol,

While that may be true for yourself, it is misleading to say that it is not solved for the vast majority of users. I've heard of many reports that 6.0.3 users are very pleased with the performance improvements it gives, and it is no longer locking for them.

bhds,

I encourage you to try the 6.0.3 version yourself. It's available on the main download page and is quite stable. The only main issue left on it is a Weekly chart bug, however that doesn't compare to the memory leaks in 6.0.2 that are likely the major contributor to your freezing.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

bhds,
            At the time of my response (3/15/09), x1445 & x1459 were the latest releases and both were continuing to have significant lock-up issues.

At the time of Jay's post (3/24/09), x1536 had been released - and, he's right, it has improved/reduced the lock-up issues greately.

Jay,
            Thanks for your continued efforts to improve QCharts.

Carol

Comment

Great to hear that Carol. Appreciate the follow-up.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Working...
              X