Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split

How do we correct for a split?

Sometimes the source data throws a curve because of more than one variable taking place and it appears that was the case here. The source data showed a 1:3 reverse split for TWX but the "actual" data only shows a a reverse split of 1:2.265. This has now been corrected in the CorpActs UNF data. If you are using QFAI, shutdown QCharts and go to the menu item "Setup>Refresh UNF from Web" and then restart QCharts.

~Bob

Comment

Splits

In 603 MYGN shows split adjustment at the DAY rate. At any smaller rate, 60 and lower, it hasn't been adjusted. How do I correct that?

Comment

Apparently '603' is getting the daily data from the Continuum feed which is correct but the eSignal feed does not reflect this change yet. The eSignal data people need to correct this.

~Bob

Comment

splits

603 put me on the eSignal feed. I used to know the difference between the two and how to go between them, but that shouldn't be my responsibility. I pay the service to take care of those kinds of details. I'm perfectly capable of swimming in that soup, but I've divined that the Brain Trust doesn't want me taking the plunge.

I wonder if eSignal will tell me it's QC problem?

Comment

There should be a new CorpActs.inf file pushed out on the continuum servers for tomorrow, which should have the VLGEA and MYGN splits.

Qcharts 6.0.3 uses the CorpActs.inf file from continuum.
            Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Todd,

My Daily data for MYGN looks good, but the intra-day data looks bad. Here's a screen cap:
              http://skitch.com/wwelch/bkgjy/mygn-split

Thanks,

Bill

(edited to fix a typo)
              Last edited by wwelch; 04-01-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

The daily looks OK because I believe it comes from the Continuum feed which if you use QFAI is correct for the MYGN split.

Comment

The eSignal servers have split adjustments on the server side for Daily intervals, which is why the daily would work in 6.0.3.

For Intraday, I do show the split for MYGN:

What could be happening though is if the OS is VISTA, the program would need to be in XP MODE to utilize files like the CorpActs.inf file
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X