6.0.3.1550 and the 233 min chart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.0.3.1550 and the 233 min chart...

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Also not sure if I should post this in Beta forum but anyway...

Starting with 164 bars in the past (December 1), the 233 chart is showing only every other candle until you get to November 3rd. I checked futures (NQ #F) and a couple dozen stock symbols. I exited QC and restarted a couple of times as well.

When this happens, my indicators take on that characteristic stair-step look and the Directional Movement indicator goes flatline. See pic.

Otherwise, very snappy performance with the new version!
    Tom
    Attached Files

I have run into this with the other betas as well. It only seems to happen when I have the Multi-Minute Bars set to the fast setting (first radio button).

Changing this to the higher bandwidth, more accurate bars has always fixed the issue.

Comment

This relates to a DST issue that we also experience in the eSignal software (although it shows up in a different way.) We're aiming to get this solved in a maintenance release of 6.0.3 (3-4 weeks.) Until that point, please use the accurate charts setting with the 233 interval to avoid this situation.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay. This alternating candle thing has shown up in prior version 6 releases; I just wanted to raise it again to make sure it gets handled.

1550 is working well for me today. Switching symbols is fast as lightning and no partially filled charts so far. Memory usage holding fairly steady as well. Good job guys.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
          This relates to a DST issue that we also experience in the eSignal software (although it shows up in a different way.) We're aiming to get this solved in a maintenance release of 6.0.3 (3-4 weeks.) Until that point, please use the accurate charts setting with the 233 interval to avoid this situation.
          Thank you for the reply Jay. Due to the effect that pre and post market activity can have at times on a 233 chart using the faster bars setting, I'll keep build 1445 installed and use that for determining support and resistance points. I look forward to the maintenance release that will correct the issue.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jay,

I made the switch to accurate bars and the alternating candles problem went away but now the candles are just not correct at all. They are tiny for the most part and some show no high or low (just a dash on the chart). NQ #F futures had more activity than that between October 16th, 2008 and Jan 20, 2009 or so. The attached image is the 233 candle chart of NQ #F between November 6, 2008 to December 8th, 2008.

So accurate bars didn't fix the candles, it only changed the problem and I am not sure which problem I prefer

Thanks,
            Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tradertom

So accurate bars didn't fix the candles, it only changed the problem and I am not sure which problem I prefer

Thanks,
              Tom
              Tom, just a thought, try turning on the all sessions option for that futures chart and see what you get.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimRutherford
                Tom, just a thought, try turning on the all sessions option for that futures chart and see what you get.

Jim
                Hi Jim,

Your thought is correct, All Sessions made the charts look more normal though I cannot vouch for their accuracy or the legitimacy of the indicators displayed since they are using the whole day's session split into seven candles (instead of two candles for the 9:30am-4:15pm session).

I don't usually use All Sessions except on shortest charts and then only prior to market open to see the short-term direction but it certainly seemed to correct the way the 233 candles look. Too bad it doesn't help in the research though. I hope both of these problems can be corrected with the DST fix Jay mentions below.

I will add that accurate bars hasn't slowed my computer nearly as badly as previous beta versions so that is a positive! I will probably leave accurate bars turned on unless it gets too slow some day. The only obvious slowdown is during painting of some of my larger moving averages on shorter charts.

As a side note... With All Sessions ticked, the 233 shows a bad tick... December 20, 2008 09:30 candle displays an open of 7.25 and a low of 7.00! The close of that candle was 1089.50.

All the best,
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tradertom
                  I don't usually use All Sessions except on shortest charts and then only prior to market open to see the short-term direction but it certainly seemed to correct the way the 233 candles look. Too bad it doesn't help in the research though.
                  Sent you a PM on this Tom

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X