6.0.3.xxxx Very Slow Chart Drawing & Missing Intraday Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.0.3.xxxx Very Slow Chart Drawing & Missing Intraday Data

Up until 10:20 AM EDT, 4/2/09, intraday data back past about 10/1/2008 was missing. I tried several 6.0.3.xxxx releases (1550, 1536, 1445) and all three showed the same behavior. I was initially using non-standard intra-day intervals, but changed them to "even" intervals and saw the same behavior. I have the the multi-minute bar preference set to "more accurate" bars.

Also, the intra-day charts are filling in extremely slowly, especially the drawing of moving averages. It is taking up to one minute on symbol changes for my 3 intra-day charts to complete drawing of moving averages. The candles and the other three studies I use are completing within about 5-10 seconds. This slow response has persisted even after the intra-day history back past 10/1/2008 reappeared around 10:20 AM EDT.

My initial server at login defaulted to HWD-04. I also tried HWD-11 and HWD-13 and got the same results for initial lack of intra-day history data and the slow response to chart drawing.

Any thoughts on what is happening? Usually I get full drawing of everything on my charts to complete within 5-15 seconds. I also have seen no unusal processing spikes in CPU usage on any of my 4 CPU cores, using Windws Task Manager to display this data.

BTW, is anybody setting up a 6.0.3.1550 message thread to report issues?

New Data is Not Ready for Prime Time

i have attempted to send proof to Jay in the form of charts that show the new vs version five and get strange responses from tech support, so I will post the info here. Some data is corrupt, when it comes to intra day data. Look at a sixty minute chart for CBS, SPX or RUT for the last 3 years and it will pop out at you. To get much better data just load version 5 and voila.

When will the data be fixed???

Ron

Comment

Working...
    X