Spot Gold symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Gold symbol

Could someone post the Spot Gold symbol for Qcharts please. I don't think Qcharts has continuation charts so a spot Gold symbol would be helpful rather than specific contracts. It's probably somewhere in the symbols look up links but I dont find them user friendly at all.

Re: Spot Gold symbol

Originally posted by bc
    Could someone post the Spot Gold symbol for Qcharts please. I don't think Qcharts has continuation charts so a spot Gold symbol would be helpful rather than specific contracts. It's probably somewhere in the symbols look up links but I dont find them user friendly at all.
    Hi bc,

I don't know the symbol for spot gold but the continuation futures symbol is GC #F which is what I use.

All the best,
    Tom

Comment

How 'bout GC M9 for the June 09 contract?
      http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=2696&p=1
      For Globex specific quotes, use =1 after the symbol. For NYMEX Pit specific quotes, use =2.
      Last edited by billbled; 04-04-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

The primary symbol for the gold spot (cash price) is XAU A0-FX. Keep in mind that that is a Forex symbol, so you need access to that market to see it.

As others have mentuoned, the next best bet is Gold futures from NYMEX. That symbol is GC symbols others suggested. The main difference is there's a premium built into that. Thus it isn't a true cash price. That being said for most purposes the futures do closely track the cash.

Just some additional info for you to ponder.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X