6.03 data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.03 data

Jay, Bring up an hourly chart for 3 years on CBs, SPX and Rut.
    Compare 6.03 to 5.1 and you will find 5.1 data is much better.
    6.03 appears to be corrupt on the intra day level.

Ron

data 6.03 update

The data Gods must be laughing today. I bring up hourly CBS data for november 5 2008 I get an open and high of 5.28. The staff at the help desk get the real data. How can I fix this???

Comment

We proved it was corrupt..will they fix it.

Finally I talked to Terrell today. He was the first rep to see what I see in corrupt data. To see it for yourself compare hourly data on cbs nov 08 and spx feb 07. Compare them to 5.1 data. This bad data is all over the data base.

5.1 data base is missing ticks so......I suggest the programmers build a comparison program that flags hourly bars that are more than 1/10 of 1% in price from the 5.1 data base.

What they will find is horrific.

Comment

Ron,

Seeing the same ugly charts here for that timeframe. CBS looks pretty ugly on intraday charts in November and December 2008. I wonder if this is related to the DST problem Jay mentioned in this thread

I am also wondering if they migrated bad Continuum data from late last year; ie: did they spend less time and effort (money and resources) managing those former quote.com servers and their feed(s) than the eSignal servers/feeds?

All the best,
        Tom

Comment

bad data

Tom,
          The bad data is spread out over various
          time fames, depending upon the symbol.

I have seen the problem in many different symbols.

Ron

Comment

I've reported a couple issues to QA mentioned in this thread.

Symbol CBS has been reported and QA is looking into the issue with regards to recovering the data for November 2008.

Regarding the data mentioned from end of Oct. 2006 to March 2007. This is a DST issue and I see it happening on previous years as well.

I'm not sure if it's the DST problem linked below, but I've reported the issue to QA and Jay.

Also reported a data gap for $SPX and $OEX in November 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X