• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some stuff for ztrader

Originally posted by ztrader_2
    Hi Larry,
    If you could read my post in DATA INTEGRITY from 4-20,
    for the details. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Z
    Hey Z,

Sorry for delay in response. Long story <grin>.
    I've copied to here some of your comments from the other post.
    On the one's not copied, well, I got's nuttin' due to not being able to reproduce or it involves stuff I don't normally do and have no point of reference.

Data stalled on the open again today, came back eventually.
    But was dead for seveal minutes, no bars updated and time
    and sales stopped.
    The classic reason for this is "cpu pegged at 100%" due to the huge huge volumes slamming yer box at Open. The greater the ticks per second for QCharts to process, the more horsepower consumed. Not saying that "is" whazzup given your case, but just sayin', ya know. Are you running TaskManager with the little green %CPU icon in systray? Is it lighting up bright green?

Get the pop up about changing "Cont. Servers", though from reading the "what's new", "Continuum Client" was going or went
    away in favor of "DATA MANAGER". Some enlightenment on this issue would be appreciated!.
    6.0.2 thru the most current 6.0.3 connect to both the eSignal feed data servers and the 5.1 "continuum" feed. The 5.1 connection is for downloading certain files like MktHours (time-mapper) and CorpActs (splits file). In addition, the Breadthalizer symbols are coming from 5.1 continuum servers. Ya know, ADVDEC-QC for example. However, there are certain "breadth" symbols as you have noted ($ADDQ and others) that are available from the eSignal data servers. The full list of eSig syms and an example of 5.1 Breadth format for use in 6.1 is at...
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...ted#post119626

Regarding the other items you mention in the other post, are you using a workspace that was originally created under 5.1? I dunno, and I can't prove it, but it seems that folks that created workspaces from scratch under 6.X seem to have fewer issues like the other's you mentioned. I just know that I don't have those issues.

I do know that 6.0.3.1550 consumes a lot less %CPU than 6.0.2, at least that's so on my old P4 2.4Ghz single core. I haven't measured yet on my newer 3.16Ghz dual core.

Hang in there, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Didn't think there would be at one point in time, but I'm still here and see the light out there. Hope I'm not hallucinating <grin>.

LAM
Working...
X