Not this memory leak problem again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not this memory leak problem again

Several days ago I received an email from Esignal announcing the availability of 603.1550. Most of us have been using this vers. since Mar 31.

Since receiving the email I've noticed that memory usage by the program grows as data is collected on quote list stocks in real time. Previously, say, last week, it grew only with manual selecting from the quote list a stock not portrayed in any chart. Thus, the program has to be attended and the screen buffers dumped regularly by minimizing, or the program will eat up all memory, slow all OS tasks, until the machine locks up. This wasn't the case previously.

ahhaha,

What are your settings under View - Preferences, Connection Tab...specifically the Cache Times section. If you are caching any data, then memory will grow as the cache attempts to capture the specified data. If you would like QCharts to not cache any data, then uncheck all three of those selections (bars, T&S, Snapshots.)
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

unchecked

I have all unchecked.

Apparently, I solved the problem by closing the instance and re-opening. The previous instance had been in place for several weeks, always on. During that period no change in the config values you have mentioned.

The whole episode is unexplainable.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Comment

Working...
      X