Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charts Still Changing Intervals Unexpectedly...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts Still Changing Intervals Unexpectedly...?

In QCharts 6.0.2 and earlier (including even QCharts 5.1), there has been a quirk where charts would unexpectedly change intervals upon loading a workspace. Typically, the charts were changing to a daily chart. That was an acknowledged and known issue in those versions.

Now that we are in QCharts 6.0.3, myself and our QA team has been unable to duplicate this. We would like to close this ticket, but would be remiss in doing so if others were still seeing this problem consistently.

For anyone using 6.0.3.1550, have you seen this behavior anymore? Also, if you were experiencing this problem on a semi-regular basis in earlier versions and are no longer seeing this now, we'd also like to know.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

I used to see that problem regularly with 6.0.2 and want to say that I've seen it once with 6.0.3.1550... but I'm not 100% certain. If it's still in 1550, it is definitely less frequent than it used to be.

lugz

Comment

I opened my 6.0.3.1550 Qcharts on Tuesday (5/19/2009) and all charts were reset to daily. This has occured several times since I started using version 6.0.3.1550. So, NO, I would not suggest closing the ticket quite yet...

Comment

Hey ttcompany,

fwiw...I haven't run into the problem since setting charts INTV to RED. But that's just me and I do seem to recall a post or two where even with RED a user(s?) still got interval changes.

LAM
        Originally posted by ttcompany
        I opened my 6.0.3.1550 Qcharts on Tuesday (5/19/2009) and all charts were reset to daily. This has occured several times since I started using version 6.0.3.1550. So, NO, I would not suggest closing the ticket quite yet...

Comment

My INTV are set to RED, I have 5 charts each set to a specific interval - If I set them to GREEN I would expect it to change all the time. ????????

Comment

Yes, GREEN will send whatever is in the Interval Box (next to Symbol box) to any GREEN chart.

Like I mentioned, with RED I've not been getting the intervals changing on me, and again...that's just me.

I don't know for sure why interval changes aren’t consistent for all users. Probably has to do with specific and different patterns of intervals. I dunno. I'm assuming for you it's an intermittent thingy.

Just make sure you haven't inadvertently saved the workspace with undesired intervals.

I’ve heard that the next maintenance release, due out this week I think, has a solid, fer sure fix for the issue.

LAM
            My INTV are set to RED, I have 5 charts each set to a specific interval - If I set them to GREEN I would expect it to change all the time. ????????

Comment

If you have charts with the Intv button set to green and then select a value in the Interval window, all of the charts set to green will change to that interval specified. Thus, if you have 5 charts all set to green and try to adjust the interval on 1 they will all change.

Jim

Comment

Let me try again - I have all 5 specific INTVs set to RED. I want them to stay that way therefore I ALWAYS have the INTV set to RED. If I want to change the INTV I change it to GREEN. I opened my workspace appox. 2 weeks ago and all 5 specific and different previously set INTVs that had been set to RED, and saved that way, still had the INTVs set to RED but all Intervals were now Daily. I understand how the INTVs work...
                My wife and I have both experienced this problem in previous versions of QCharts as well as the most current version.

Comment

I have all my 12 charts' INTVs set to gray and they NEVER change unless I specifically highlight one of my charts and then change the INTV.

Two seperate computers and a restart of 1550 once a day on each, and it never happens.

But, that's just me, and I'm kinda weird anyway.

I leave them set to gray so that I can highlight at will and switch INTVs on a moment's notice.

It's happened before on previous versions, but never on 1550.

'Tail.

Comment

Let me try again - I understand, and understood, that you have RED set. I don't know why some folks, like yourself, run into this issue on occasion, and other's don't. I haven't suggested that RED will necessarily fix the problem for you. I initially posted that I run RED and don't get interval change ups, not knowing at that point in time whether or not you ran RED. I get it, and got it, that some folks get interval change ups on occasion running RED, or GRAY(unhilighted chart), and some don't.

Hopefully the forthcoming release will put this issue to rest.

LAM

Let me try again - I have all 5 specific INTVs set to RED. I want them to stay that way therefore I ALWAYS have the INTV set to RED. If I want to change the INTV I change it to GREEN. I opened my workspace appox. 2 weeks ago and all 5 specific and different previously set INTVs that had been set to RED, and saved that way, still had the INTVs set to RED but all Intervals were now Daily. I understand how the INTVs work...
                    My wife and I have both experienced this problem in previous versions of QCharts as well as the most current version.

Comment

Just to validate the concern, I am also still seeing the problem of changing the interval even if it is red but the frequency of this happening seems to be less often than in past betas.

I know that Jay and company are aware of the problem and like Larry, I am hoping the next release will fix this. Thankfully, it is pretty easy to notice when all the charts look exactly the same... then it is just the annoyance of having to make them green, change them to the intervals you want, then make them red again. It is a hassle but not as bad as some things the betas have given us in the past. They fixed many of those with 1550 and I have confidence they will fix this one.

Now, if we could just get the ability to look at historical options prices on charts (and see them on QLink also!)

All the best,
                      Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X