trade report duplication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade report duplication

I refer to the rows in the T&S window as "atomic actions". The set of all atomic actions I call the "trace". This usage is consistent with computer science and with language used by programming teams who originally programmed the NYSE ticker feed.

One atomic action is called "trade". In some stocks a trade atomic action is being duplicated in the trace on every occurrence of "trade". Duplication doesn't occur in other atomic actions such as "best bid", "bid", "best ask", "ask".

For example, today, the trace in MYGN shows these repeated trade reports.

This confirms an observation recently made by LAM.

It should be corrected if only for the reason that the error increases the machine load of the entire trace. If the problem persists and proliferates, server response will be impaired. Also, statistics would be mistaken, and various other problems arise.

trade dupe update

I should clarify that LAM was referring to the chronic opening and closing trade atomic action duplication.

In contrast, the duplication I had observed today occured intraday.

Update. The T&S window became unavailable in MYGN. Then after about 30 minutes it became available. On examination the duplication problem had been solved.

Very mysterious.

Comment

Working...
    X