Bad candles on the daily chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad candles on the daily chart

I'm noticing that several symbols are showing bad candles on the daily chart.

This seems to have started 05/27. For example, COMPX shows mostly dojis -- the opening and closing prices are very close.

On 05/27, finance.yahoo.com has the open as 1745.56 and the close as 1731.08. The daily candle in Qcharts 5.1.0.21 shows an open of 1745.56 and a close of 1747.62.

I see similar patterns on SOXX, OSXX, ES09M, NQ09M

Is there some problem with the server data? I see this on CC01-HWD, CC02-HWD, CC03-HWD.
    Eric Boehm

I've reported the problem with the index symbols like $COMPX and SOXX, OSXX to engineering. The timing coincides to when Nasdaq OMX changed feeds recently for PHLX Index symbols.

I checked the past couple of days for ES09M, NQ09M and they appear to match the CME Group website with respect to the OHLC values.

Comment

On 5.1 NDXX has bad close data for bars on daily charts all this week until today, OHL seem OK but close is bad. Today is OK for now so maybe it is fixed but older dates are still effected making chart useless. This may be a different problem than Todd speaks of below?

Originally posted by eSignal_ToddI
      I've reported the problem with the index symbols like $COMPX and SOXX, OSXX to engineering. The timing coincides to when Nasdaq OMX changed feeds recently for PHLX Index symbols.

I checked the past couple of days for ES09M, NQ09M and they appear to match the CME Group website with respect to the OHLC values.

Comment

NDXX is being affected by the same thing that happens with those other index symbols.

Engineering is going to test a fix after market today and if that goes well they'll start staggering that out to the servers.

Comment

Todd thanks

Do you know what servers usually get the first fixes with 5.1

Comment

Todd,

NDXX still not right as of tonight, do you have an update?

Comment

The server fix hit cc-08 and cc-14 with more servers to have the roll out after market on 6/17.

Problems with NDXX were reported and engineering is working to adjust those closing values, along with some other symbols like compx, ossx, soxx, hgxx, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X