tick server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick server

The tick server has been unavailable since June 26. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Seeing the same thing here.

Ticks are spotty on all symbols.

'Tail.

Comment

server problems

The usual source of server problems arises in the server numbers above #10 at Hayward. For example, DXO was stopped at 15:33EST. One has to go down to Hayward8 to get the full 9181K atomic action T&S trace for today.

Comment

T&S freezes?

For the last week or so my T&S loads when I pull up a new chart but then freezes. Is this a symptom of the tick server issue you mention? I'll try switching servers as you indicated.

Update: when I switch servers T&S reloads with current data but then remains frozen.
        Last edited by altrades; 07-01-2009, 05:48 AM.

Comment

[Is this a symptom of the tick server issue you mention? I'll try switching servers as you indicated.]

Somewhat related.

What you're experiencing has been developing for several months.

The problem is complicated by the fact there's several feeds, Continuum and eSignal. The tick server is strictly eSignal and it has its own intermittent indiosynchrises disjoint from those of Continuum.

(aside). For my every atomic action real time processing whose data is gotten using Qcollector I'm finding the missing data feed of Continuum more effective for making money. I'm not sure why this is true since both data models have basically the same algorithms.

The tick server unavailability only lasted briefly and I can't rule out data transmission intermediaries unrelated to the server farms.

With the Continuum feed it is necessary to change servers regularly. That isn't meaningful with eSignal. These are old issues though and to a significant extent QC has solved them. The frozen aspect comes from "throttling down", I believe. It is necessary to reduce the data take otherwise with many grabs hitting the servers at once, they go into latency for everyone. For example, it's difficult to pull more than one day of tick data during the day in the T&S window. This may be what you observe as "frozen".

Comment

Working...
          X