Is there any truth to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any truth to this?

I was just told by a trading friend that he talked to Scott in sales, and he also had Scott confirm this with someone else, that the plan is to merge QCharts with the current eSignal platform, and in essense 'do away with QCharts'. It doesn't seem likely, after all the work that has went into developing version 6 and migrating the historic database that this could be true. For what I need to do there is no program like QCharts, it is just about the perfect program. Merging it with another would surely bring about big changes and loss of current critical features, in my experience. Is there any truth to this? If so, is there any timeline or proposal as to what the final product would be like? QCharts is such a fantastic program as it is, I can't imagine changing it. Lastly, please forgive me if this has been addressed in another thread. I was unable to find anything like this when I searched.

I'm not sure I'd use the term "merge" but we are working on an all-new framework for eSignal. It's a complete re-write and we're using all our existing applications to make a best of breed desktop charting app.

That said, we're in the process of retiring the code development of both the existing QCharts and eSignal platforms. They won't go away but there won't be any "new" development as we put all our resources into the new framework. We certainly expect users to love the new application but we have no plans to force people to give up their existing eSignal or QCharts applications. Look for the new framework in early 2010.

Thanks.

Comment

Please be more specific concerning 6.1 in whcih we are all
      expecting the data that we've been used to getting in 5.1.

Are we going to get the fields in 6.1 that we have been
      looking forward to?

BTW, there are many data fields which do not fill in, even
      before the midnight reset in 5.1 on our OPTION quote sheets ie:--
      Vol@ask/bid, Tick Volume, Price@ask/bid, Tick Volum@ask/bid and
      others. We have been looking forward to having those back in
      the upcoming 6.1.

Also, lets not forget the importance of 65 Day Average which is
      still not available in 6.1.

'Tail.
      Last edited by hardtaill; 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X