Suggestion: Add the Ability to Edit Line Data Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Add the Ability to Edit Line Data Values

My apologies if this has already been requested. With release 6.1 of QCharts we are able to change line styles via an edit menu. I would like to suggest that the actual endpoint data for a line also be editable. I often want to have a support or resistance line placed at an exact price; e.g. 1028.00. It is quite difficult to do this with the drawing tools in QCharts. The only reliable way I have found to do this is to expand the vertical scale on my chart until I can take the line and move it to the exact price I want with my mouse.

When you open the edit lines menu in QCharts, each line displays its end point data values in terms of both date/time and price. Adding a menu option to edit the actual data values would allow one to precisely place lines without having to fool around expanding the chart vertical scale until it becomes large enough to allow precise placement via the mouse.

I very much second this request. I know that lines have multiple plot attributes (2 x values and 2 y values in addition to line color, style and thickness) but it would be extremely handy to be able to simply specify a horizontal line at a specific price point. The second Y value would be equal to the entered value and the two x values could be whatever the current candle is and the last candle prior. This could apply to Extended lines and to Rays. For Rays, One would have to enter a starting bar or perhaps the current bar under the cursor by default.

In fact, Horizontal extended lines and rays are all I ever leave on the charts. There may be times when I temporarily draw non-horizontal lines but I don't recall ever saving these on a chart because they become meaningless and disappear from the screen after a few bars have painted anyway. Horizontal extended and horizontal rays make about 100% of my line drawing these days.

Thanks DC for raising this request!

Comment

Working...
    X