Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (1719) Flatlined Bollingers

Jay,
    The Bollinger Bands continue to flat-line & flash and cannot be "shaken out," meaning I can't move the chart to correct the problem, I must change symbols several times to get them to paint correctly.

I see this on all intraday time frames, but primarily on the 15-minute chart.
    See pic.

Is this something that will be worked on? Thanks,
    Carol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckelly; 09-16-2009, 08:08 AM.

I'm also seeing flat bollinger bands, albeit not nearly as much as in previous versions.

No rhyme or reason that I can figure out; when I clicked on other symbols before and after this screenshot was taken, the BBs appeared to be fine.

Happens throughout the day with different time frame charts; this example was taken just after RTH. The Nasdaq e-mini appeared to be fine.
    Attached Files

Comment

Can either of you tell me your settings on this screen? View -> Preferences, Connection tab...are any of the top three boxes checked? If yes, then try unchecking them and see if the problem goes away.
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Jay,
        At the time of my screenshot, the Connection Tab top 3 buttons were unchecked. I've tried running it both ways and I have not seen a noticeable difference either way.

fyi,
        Carol

Comment

Connection boxes all unchecked when experiencing random flat bbs.

Comment

When I switched workspaces in the middle of the day, experienced some flat bbs. Closed and re-opened a few times and still had the flat bbs. Attached pic has two charts with same symbol and timeframe, one with "normal" bb and the other flat.

Don't know if this will help, but after exiting qc and restarting the program, the flat bb issue went away.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X