x1719 Symbol confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x1719 Symbol confusion

The chart correctly reflects the symbol as ES #F; the Snapshot Bar shows the Sym = CY.

Edit: and just for giggles, I've tried changing the symbol to another, and another - but when I go back to ES #F, the Snapshot Bar reflects CY.

fyi,
    Carol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckelly; 09-22-2009, 06:57 AM.

Carol,

I have had an ES #F workspace open for the last 30 minutes (opened after 09:30 EDT) and I am not seeing any similar problems. One of my charts is an all sessions 55 like yours, but my 09:30 candle shows OHLC values different from yours and my volume a/o 10:05 for the 09:30 candle only shows around 240K.

-Dan

Comment

Dan,
      Thanks for the comparison - I guess I am once again on the lucky servers.

Carol

Larry - I'm hearing those banjos playing again.

Comment

Carol,

FWIW, here are the ports that my QCharts is using right now for my ES #F workspace.

-Dan
        Attached Files

Comment

Dan,
          Yes, we are on different servers - I'm attaching mine as well.

Also, I am comparing the exact same workspace to x1706 and the Snapshot Bar is displaying the Sym properly there - so, I really don't think the Workspace is the issue.

I also note that since my post at 9:55am, the Volume shown for either x1706 or x1719 has not changed from 1.7M - has your volume updated?

Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the volume on the daily snapshot bar not updating for futures like ES.

Official volume on futures is sent one day late and only updates once a day after the main session ends. If you are looking at the Total Volume field during market hours it will show you yesterdays official volume for that instrument. Link to KB article 1413

Not sure why an incorrect symbol is displaying in the daily snapshot bar, perhaps corruption with the chart window? Does it happen if you bring up a new chart window for the symbol?

The daily snapshot bar should display the same data as a quotesheet, if you enter ES Z9 there, does it display the symbol incorrectly in that window too?

Comment

Carol,

I am tracking the current volume for each candle in my data windows on my charts. I get exactly the same volume for the 09:30 55 min. candle for either ES #F or ES Z9, which is 321,929. Todd is exactly right about the daily volume. It runs one day behind. I have attached a picture of the CME daily Volume report from yesterday. It shows yesterday's total ES volume as 1,698,615, which is exactly what the volume for today's daily candle shows on my ES #F Daily chart.

I find it confusing when looking at a volume study on a daily chart, but am glad Todd referenced the eSignal knowledge base entry which explains how it works. I will have to remember to search both the QCharts and eSignal knowledge bases in the future! I originally searched only the QCharts knowledge base when I found this behavior and there was nothing about it there.

-Dan
              Attached Files

Comment

Todd,

Thanks for the info on the Volume for the future. To be sure, I don't really track volume for the futures - it's there just from the "default" chart setup I use. I just realized this morning that the value was not changing.

As for the Quote Sheet - you can see in this pic that attempting to insert ES #F will also display CY in the Quote Sheet. Really intriguing to me is that I don't even trade CY - so, it's jumped in from the air somewhere.

This is a problem that comes and goes - not really new to x1719 - best I remember, we've seen it in most Beta releases. I've posted a couple of .avi's to illustrate what is happening. See here

Thanks for your help!
                Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

Todd,

And, to test ES Z9, yes, it does appear to display properly in both the chart/Snapshot Bar and the Quote Sheet. Also, I've tried multiple other symbols with this Chart Window, and everything EXCEPT ES #F will display properly in the Snapshot Bar and the Quote Sheet.

So, seems there's a bug with ES?

Thanks,
                  Carol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X