Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x1719 Hotlist Quote Sheets Blanking Out - take 2

Dan & Jay -

I received your e-mail notifications at 5:07pm & 5:25pm EST, respectively, however, the posts do not show up in my version of the Forums. So, I'm not trying to not follow the original post - but, I cannot get it displayed (this after doing a reboot, as well), and after a couple of hours, I'm thinking maybe the webmaster needs to intervene.

Anyway, I continue to see the behavior Dan describes with the Hot Lists. Tonight, when I try for US Stocks: Point Gainers (Min vol 1M), it originally returned perhaps 15 symbols - very quickly flashed to only 3 syms - and then flashed again to 7 symbols. I wasn't fast enough to get a pic of the 15 symbols, but did get the Quote Sheet when it flashed to 3 & 7 syms.

Note the symbols are not overlapping. Also, my Preference is set to return 20 Hot List items, and I have a 500 symbol count.

See pic.
    fyi,
    Carol
    Attached Files

Jay,

My original thread appears to have disappeared. The URL link on the e-mail notification I got says it is an invalid link.

Anyway, I am using four quote sheets, each with 100 hotlist symbols, set in the View-> Preferences menu. They are NYSE point losers and point gainers, and NASDAQ point losers and point gainers.

I am subscribed for 500 symbols so when all four hotlist sheets get fully populated the status bar says 400/500 max. Unfortunately, right now it says 248/500 max and as I am typing it just jumped to 324/500 max. I have not timed the changes to the quote sheets but they appear to be updating about two times per minute, sometimes populating all 100 symbols, sometimes only putting up 4 or 5, and other times putting up what appears to be a random number.

I don't run these hotlists every day, but I think they were O.K. in 1719 several days ago. I understand why the hotlists update during RTH, but it is now almost 09:30 PM EDT and they are still updating.

For reference, I have included a screen shot of the ports QCharts and winros are using.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm experiencing the same problem with Pct Gainers Hot Lists. It keeps changing from about 7 symbols to 100 symbols around 20:57 - 21:30 tonight. 5 of the 7 symbols on the short Hot List are a lower percent gain than the 100th symbol on the long list. Also, the time on the Hot List window is stale ... just before 20:00. I have access to 200 symbols and the Hot lists max is set to 100. Pct Losers Hot List has a similar problem.

In addition, I experienced a stranger situation last week (or earlier this week) when the Pct Gainers Hot List changed back and forth from the current day's Pct Gainers to the previous day's Pct Gainers repeatedly. This was about 7:55 AM until, I think it was, the market opened at 9:30. I haven't seen the problem since then, but I haven't checked every day.

Dale

Comment

Jay,

I checked Pct Gainers Hot list again this morning about 7:30 ... still fluctuating from 7 to 100 symbols.

Shortly after 8:00 AM only 1 Symbol was displayed, AONE, with a gain of 50.30% (same as last night) even though the last trade (today) was wll below the previous day's close. Also, the Hot List's title bar displayed the current time after 8:00 AM. Later, two additional symbols appeared, MSFT and QTWW, also displaying yesterday's percent gain.

Could hot lists display current day information after 8:00 AM?

Thanks,
        Dale

Comment

Today's hotlists appear to be very messed up. One thing I am noticing is that the quote sheet window title is exhibiting some very strange behavior.

Just for comparison purposes, I created two new hotlists; one for NYSE Pct Gainers and the other for NYSE Pct Losers. They appear to be mostly accurate but do not exactly match the NYSE data I get from finance.yahoo.com.

The really odd thing is that while the windows are refreshing the window titles show backward jumps in time. For example, at first the window title will be "NYSE Stocks:Pct Gainers at 18:24:56" and it will have all 100 pct gainers it should. Then, as soon the window refreshes, it only has 3 stocks, and the window title says "NYSE Stocks:Pct Gainers at 18:22:16."

This seems to indicate to me that something is quite amiss on the server side of things. Could someone on the server development team please check this out.

For reference purposes I am attaching a screen shot of the IP addresses to which my QCharts attached itself at login.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X