Symbol Problems with 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Problems with 6.1

I have some index symbols not coming up. For example, the index for S&P Banks, symbol $BIX does not show chart even though I did Ticker symbol lookup and found that $BIX is the right term. I added "INDEX:" before the symbol and it is still did not work. I have several indices with the same problem. Did anyone have this problem? Any solution?

Ahmed,

Check your Account Maintenance and see if you subscribe to "S&P Cash Indexes"

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry, I actually found out the problem and worked around it. It seems I had more than the 200 symbols in the work space. Probably the data manager was blocking new entries. I closed some quote sheets and things started to work out. But, sometimes the data manager says my limit exceeded, but I count the symbols I have and they are by no means 200. Is there an explanation for that or this a way to force an upgrade to 500 or 1000?

Comment

Ahmed,

I haven't noticed any particular issue with symbol counts. As an experiment, delete one by one all the windows in your workspace, noticing if the symbol count drops accordingly, and see if perhaps there may be stuff hiding behind a window. At the end of the process, when all the windows are gone and you have a blank workspace, has the symbol count dropped to 0?

Also, are you running hotlists in quotesheets? The syms in those are supposed to unsubscribe the previous set of syms when a new set of syms is refreshed every 30 secs. Notice if this is happening correctly.

LAM

Comment

Thanks! I notice the Quote sheet in 6.1 no longer has 5-day % change or 20-day % change. I looked into list of available choices and can not locate them. I found them useful in version 5.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed Elneweihi
            Thanks! I notice the Quote sheet in 6.1 no longer has 5-day % change or 20-day % change. I looked into list of available choices and can not locate them. I found them useful in version 5.1.
            Yep, I miss them also.

LAM

Comment

The symbo; ITB for home construction index is not working (no chart). I tried $ITB and index:$ITB and still no chart. Is it working for some one?

Comment

The symbo; ITB for home construction index is not working (no chart). I tried $ITB and index:$ITB and still no chart. Is it working for some one?
                Works for me.
                Can you get symbol SPY?
                If not, check Account Maintenance for subscription to American Stock Exchange.
                If yes on SPY...I dunno. Bad server? Exit/restart and hope for connection to a different server.

LAM
                Attached Files

Comment

Yes I have SPY working, but not ITB. Also XHB, SMH, IGW, PGF are not working. I am subscribing to Philadelphia, NYSE, AMEX, and Nasdaq indices.

Comment

Yes I have SPY working, but not ITB. Also XHB, SMH, IGW, PGF are not working. I am subscribing to Philadelphia, NYSE, AMEX, and Nasdaq indices.
                    All those syms are working for me. They are all exchange ARCX, as is SPY. Why you can get SPY and not other ARCX syms is a mystery to me. Perhaps someone from support can assist.

LAM

Comment

I logged off and when I logged in 4 hours later, I found the symbols are working. The data manager though was indicating my limit exceeded while the meter was saying 196/200.

Comment

I logged off and when I logged in 4 hours later, I found the symbols are working. The data manager though was indicating my limit exceeded while the meter was saying 196/200.
                        Regarding syms now working, there's a little quirk in 6.1 such that sometimes several restarts are required to get all the pieces updated. You possibly had a back level wrexgcod.tab file. Don't ask

Regarding symbol limit warning, you will get that popup even though in the end the excess syms asked for are denied. See screenshot.

LAM
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Larry, Yes, I noticed that on a second or third log in symbols work properly.

I am also experiencing long delay (a minute or two) from the time I log in till the workspace loads. Is this normal? I sometimes I have to log out and log in again so that the workspace loads.

Two more questions: 1- I noticed that "Bulk Trade" and "Bulk Volume" are no longer available in the daily snapshot. That was also a useful info. 2- Are there plans to have 6.1 work under Windows 7?
                          Thanks

Comment

I am also experiencing long delay (a minute or two) from the time I log in till the workspace loads. Is this normal? I sometimes I have to log out and log in again so that the workspace loads.
                            QCharts 6 isn't quite as efficient as QCharts 5. At login, always use the "blank workspace" option, and wait for the status bar to turn all Green before loading workspace. You shouldn't have to exit/restart to get your workspace to load. Be patient.

oh...I'm assuming you have a modern day multi-core fairly fast 'puter. If you're trying to run QC6 on an Intel P-4, forget it. Buy a new computer.

I noticed that "Bulk Trade" and "Bulk Volume" are no longer available in the daily snapshot. That was also a useful info.
                            Yep, those fields are a couple more that are not in the eSignal feed. Not all fields in QC5 Continuum feed will be in QC6 eSignal feed. Then again, there are fields in QC6 that were not in QC5. I'm not privy to the eSignal data network plans for adding fields.

Well, other than they are in the process of adding the QC5 Breadthalizer calcs to the eSignal servers. In the meantime in QC6 we have QC5 Breadthalizers via a connection to some continuum servers set aside for QC6 only. These are special and different than the regular QC5 continuum servers that will be R.I.P come Oct 26.

Are there plans to have 6.1 work under Windows 7?
                            There have been posts from folks running QC6 under Windows 7. I'm guessing they probably do the same as with Vista, run the XP compat thingy. This is outside my direct experience.

LAM

Comment

Are there plans to have 6.1 work under Windows 7?
                              I do it now. I've run with the RC1 and the RTM versions. I've had no problems at all, although as Larry mentioned, I did do the 'Vista' trick to enable the downloaded files to update.

Comment

Working...
                              X