Futures Symbols for QCharts 6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures Symbols for QCharts 6.1

Does anyone know the Futures Indices Symbols (or Format) to use in QCharts? I've tried $DJZ9, $SPZ9, $NDZ9, etc. but none populate my charts. I would like to be able to monitor the Future Indices along with $INDU, $COMPQ, and $SPX indices. Thanks for any help.
    CJ

Re: Futures Symbols for QCharts 6.1

Originally posted by cjohnson3
    Does anyone know the Futures Indices Symbols (or Format) to use in QCharts? I've tried $DJZ9, $SPZ9, $NDZ9, etc. but none populate my charts. I would like to be able to monitor the Future Indices along with $INDU, $COMPQ, and $SPX indices. Thanks for any help.
    CJ,
    For continuous futures, try:
    YM_#F (where the "_" indicates a space, do not use the character).
    ES_#F
    NQ_#F

If you want the specific month, then it would be ES_Z9, for instance.

Carol

Comment

Re: Re: Futures Symbols for QCharts 6.1

Thanks Carol,

I've tried this format as well but continue to get the "Symbol Not Found" pop-up in response.

CJ
      CJ

Comment

CJ,
        Check your Account Maintenance and see if you subscribe to "S&P Cash Indexes"

Carol

Comment

I send them a buck each month for them.

Thanks.
          CJ

Comment

CJ,

hmmm - ok, I'm stumped. Bill, Larry - anybody got any other ideas to help out CJ?

Carol

Comment

Are you subscribed to "Delayed US and Canadian Futures" $5.
              This is needed to see the Futures you don't subscribe to RealTime.

LAM

Comment

Hi CJ,
                Please send me an email to [email protected] with your QCharts login name and/or customer ID number so I can lookup your account.
                Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by billbled
                  Hi CJ,
                  Please send me an email to [email protected] with your QCharts login name and/or customer ID number so I can lookup your account.
                  Thanks,
                  Thanks Bill,

I've sent the email to you with my logon.
                  CJ

Comment

Got it.
                    Looking now.

Comment

Hi CJ,
                      I've checked your account and you aren't subscribed to any Futures exchanges that would let you get data for ES, NQ, YM or other (SP, ND or DJ) contracts.

You are sub'd to the S&P Cash Indexes - but that won't get the tickers you want. The tickers: ES, NQ, YM, SP, ND, DJ are not included in that exchange package.

For realtime data you'll need:
                      - ES and NQ realtime need "Chicago Mercantile Exchange E-minis (only) for $30/mo.
                      - YM realtime needs "CBOT MINI Futures" for $15/mo.
                      OR
                      - SP and ND reatime needs the full CME for $60/mo and would also get you the ES and NQ as well.
                      - the full DJ contract realtime would need the full CBOT for $60/mo. and get you the YM as well.

Or you could get all of this delayed for $5/mo. If you want that, add "Delayed US and Canadian Futures" under "Delayed Services".

You can do that yourself by logging into your Account Maintenance: https://secure.esignal.com/maintenance.aspx?bhcp=1 Look under the “Services” area and then click “Add/Cancel Add-On Services” to add exchange subscriptions. Or you can call Cust Svc at 510-785-1254 or email them at [email protected] and allow them to add it for you. Once you have made the needed addition in your Account Maintenance and have logged out, wait 20 minutes and log out of your charts and then log back in to bring the new data in.

Comment

Thanks for looking into this for me Bill, I appreciate the time it took. I'll take care of it from here.
                        CJ

Comment

Glad to help CJ.

Comment

Working...
                          X