Alert for Stochastic cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert for Stochastic cross

Hello my friends, Could you please direct me to a post or site that will give instructions for setting an audible alert on Q-Charts when a Stochastic cross occurs?

Thank-you

Re: Alert for Stochastic cross

Originally posted by TStanleyS
    Hello my friends, Could you please direct me to a post or site that will give instructions for setting an audible alert on Q-Charts when a Stochastic cross occurs?

Thank-you
    Give a RightClick in the price action or over the symbol in a Quote Sheet. When you get the flyout, click on Add Alert - and then look at "Field." Click the drop-down for a list of items for which you can set an audible alert. Stochastic cross is not one of them, unfortunately - but, you'll see all the others that are available to you.

Carol

Comment

Thank-you Carol for your reply. Are you saying that it is not possible in the Q-Chart format to set an audible alert for a Stochastic cross?

THANKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by TStanleyS
        Thank-you Carol for your reply. Are you saying that it is not possible in the Q-Chart format to set an audible alert for a Stochastic cross?

THANKS!!
        Yes, unfortunately, that's correct. The Alerts will not give you signals on any Indicator cross overs.

Glad to help.
        Carol

Comment

We do have a product that can do that though. eSignal has a scripting language that allows for a ton of flexibility when it comes to studies and alerts. Backtesting is even possible.

The below image is created by a Stochastic cross-over, but instead of alerts, it colors the bars depending on the condition of the Stochastic. This is a pre-built script that even has backtesting built into it, but it wouldn't be too hard to add alerts to it via EFS (eSignal Formula Script.)

Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Working...
          X