Symbol Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Mapping

I apologize if this question has been covered elsewhere in this forum, but I couldn't find an answer here or on the QCharts or eSignal support websites.

I am trying to find the eSignal symbol for the following QCharts Breathalyzer Statistics (QCharts version 6.02 symbols are in parentheses):

NYSE at yearly high (qc:yrhi.ny-qc)
    NYSE at yearly low (qc:yrlo.ny-qc)

NASDAQ at yearly high (qc:yrhi.nq-qc)
    NASDAQ at yearly low (qc:yrlo.nq-qc)

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

Hey Brian,

The syms you list for 6.0.2 are the same in 6.1, and come from a "continuum" server in 6.1...one of the special 4 servers running continuum code, and will be used until the eSignal feed data servers are updated to include the 5.1 breadthalizers.

If you're after an equivalent "native" eSignal symbol, these are not currently available in the eSignal feed.
    Here's a list of eSignal feed so called breadth syms...
    http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/breadthalyzers.htm

oh...there is a bug in 6.1 regarding how you enter the " -qc " syms.
    If you have them in a quotesheet, or type them into a quotesheet, charts OK.
    However, if you manually type them into the Symbol Box, you must include the " QC: " prefix, in addition to the " -QC " suffix.

LAM

Comment

Thanks, Larry. I was trying to use the native eSignal symbols because I thought the stuff on the continuum servers was going to disappear on October 26. It sounds like that isn't the case.

Brian
      Brian

Comment

Yep. The 5.1 breadthalizers will continue to be in 6.1.
        It's taking longer than expected to get all the breadth calcs we have in 5.1 working on the eSignal data servers.

LAM

Comment

Working...
        X