intraday data missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intraday data missing

Just noticed this morning that intraday data is missing from charts, regardless of symbol or time frame. Looks like first hour or so of price bars are missing. Have log in and out several times, no difference. Anyone know whats up?

Hey tlinetrader,

Not seeing an issue here with v6.1

Look closely at the chart time markers with Cursor Data Window and CDW tracking on. Does IBM 10min chart first bar of the day start at 9:30am (or equivalent given your timezone settings)?

Got a screenshot of what you're seeing?

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Pardon my ignorance but how do I include a screenshot in my post. I'm using windows vista 64. I did create a jpeg image of the 10 minute IBM using the snipping tool. What next?

Comment

Also have a png file using qcharts export function

Comment

screen shot
          Attached Files

Comment

A couple more. 5 minute corn and 30 minute t-notes. In each case it looks like the bars start building 1 hour after the regular session open. However, they correctly build to the regular session close so I don't think it's a time zone issue. I'm using 6.1 and it's been working fine up till this morning.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots.
              Looks like the correct time-mapper file is being used, namely MktHours.inf
              And as you note, we're not dealing with a shift, or offset thingy like time zone since the other bars are OK and in the right time slot.

Sometimes it happens that a user on exit/restart keeps being connected with the same data server. Let's assume that perhaps we have a funky data server involved. So if you can supply the IP address of the intraday server you're seeing this issue with, that would be helpful.

Now, how to know that?
              There are various TCP connection utilities available out there on the web. I personally use a $hareware program called TaskInfo that includes connection info per task. But in the meantime, a built in fuction can be used.

This is XP instructions, let's hope they are valid for Vista.
              1. Click Start, click Run, type in... CMD ...and click OK to get the DOS type of command window.
              2. type... netstat -n (a space before the -n)

The IP of interest is port 2192, which carries intraday data.

gimme a screenshot of that, one that looks like the attached in this post.
              I just may be able to connect to that same IP as you are on if I'm lucky.

LAM
              Attached Files

Comment

Here you go:
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, phooey.
                  I got connected to the same intraday data server as you.
                  However, intraday charts look OK.

So, for now color me scratchin' my head.
                  I got's nuttin' else at this time.
                  Sorry.

LAM
                  Attached Files

Comment

I reproduced the problem, and on various intraday data server IPs. So it's not server specific.

It has to do with Preferences>Multi-Minute Bar setting.
                    With "fast" charts, the top radio button, we have the missing first hour.
                    With "accurate" charts, the bottom radio button, charts OK.
                    I don't have a clue what's up, why the difference, why it started manifesting today.

For now at least, setting MMBars to bottom radio button provides a workaround.

Note to Jay/Support/whomever...
                    Whazzup with this?

LAM
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry. Your workaround works for me. Really slows things down though. I'll talk to tech support tomorrow.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks for the Thanks.

I sent a report to [email protected]

And yep, the accurate setting does take longer to paint the chart, and regretfully no getting around that.

LAM

Comment

I'm also having the same issue and it started around the same time. Thanks for posting a workaround.

Comment

This issue is a Daylight Savings Time glitch. It should self-correct come next Sunday.

LAM

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
                              This issue is a Daylight Savings Time glitch. It should self-correct come next Sunday.

LAM
                              Now that Daylight Savings Time has "fallen back" to Daylight Standard Time as of today Nov 1, 2009, the workaround of having to run Preferences>Multi-Minute Bar setting at the bottom setting (Accurate charts) is no longer required. The top MMB setting (Fast charts) now displays the first hour of intraday data.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                              X