Problem $TICK Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem $TICK Alert

I have an alert set to trigger every time there is a -1200 print of INDEX:$TICK. The alert is LAST <= -1200. This alert worked as expected in 6.0.2, but with 6.1 it does not work correctly. On October 27, 2009, there was a -1268 tick at 10:02 that triggered the alert. After rearming, the alert continues to trigger repeatedly even though the $TICK has not been less than -1200 since 10:02.

In the example below, the alert triggered at 10:56 even though the value of the tick was only -505. Apparently, the alert is reacting to the daily low reading of -1268 that occurred at 10:02 even though it is supposed to trigger only if the LAST value meets the defined condition.

I would imagine this kind of problem is a concern to day traders.

Brian
    Attached Files
    Brian

Here is a second example from 10/28/09. The $TICK has not been less than -1200 for the entire day, yet the alert triggers repeatedly whenever it is rearmed.

Brian
    Attached Files
    Brian

Comment

The problem in which alerts set with negative values trigger improperly in QCharts 6.1 has been reported to Project Management.

At this time I do not have an estimate on when this will be fixed though.

I believe the next release is around December, though I have not heard if this will be fixed with QCharts 6.2.

Comment

Thank you, Todd. I appreciate your response.

Brian
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X