Sector Lists - Filtering for Symbol Limit Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector Lists - Filtering for Symbol Limit Overload

When Quote Sheet -- > Symbols --> Sector Lists --> Industry Groups --> then a selection may load 170 + symbols of which a 140 + have daily volume less than 500K or last =0 !. I am not interested in any symbols with volume less than 500K or a last of 0, yet I have no choice in those being loaded and running my limit up to 500 symbols.

How about a choice on limiting the number of symbols loaded for these sector lists? Or being able to delete more than 1 at a time from a quote sheet.

Am I the only one affected by this problem? I would have thought everyone would be.

Hey stovepipe (and any interested parties)

You're not alone.

Yep, it's a pain having hundreds of syms in the list, especially when sorting on price can leave low low low volume stuff mixed in, or if sorting volume the list can be mucked up with low, too low priced stocks, not to mention the hit to symbol count.

Regarding the attached mock-up that would include sector list filtering, any other filtering criteria desired?

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Filtering for Symbol Limit Overload

Larry,

Looks good to me. Why did not Quote.com think of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
        Hey stovepipe (and any interested parties)

You're not alone.

Yep, it's a pain having hundreds of syms in the list, especially when sorting on price can leave low low low volume stuff mixed in, or if sorting volume the list can be mucked up with low, too low priced stocks, not to mention the hit to symbol count.

Regarding the attached mock-up that would include sector list filtering, any other filtering criteria desired?

LAM
        Larry,

I would add filters by price and market capitalization.
        I don't care about stocks with very low market caps
        or prices.

-alan

Comment

Sorry, I now see you already had price and cannot
          edit my post.

BTW, market cap filtering will probably require the promised
          restoration of a numerical (sortable) market cap field.

Comment

Originally posted by finpress2000
            Sorry, I now see you already had price and cannot
            edit my post.
            BTW, market cap filtering will probably require the promised
            restoration of a numerical (sortable) market cap field.
            Yep on the market cap field format. This will most likely have to be revisited.

On not being able to edit your post, there's a quirk in these here forums where the edit button will sometimes be dead if a Quote is up top in the post. One can stretch the browser window wider, and wider until the edit button becomes hot, clickable. "IF" I recall correctly , putting the quote below the post reply text gives a hot edit button.

LAM

Comment

Working...
            X