build 1757 cannot get entitled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• build 1757 cannot get entitled

2:00 PM on Sunday afternoon running build 1757 and cannot get entitled. Is anyone able to get entitled this afternoon? Is anyone aware of any planned changes this weekend?

Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim,

I just finally upgraded this morning to 1757 (from 1719) and it is working fine for me but I logged in before noon today if that matters at all. Sorry not much help... I saw Ron was having entitlement problems too but I think he narrowed it down to a conflict with a CA antivirus product.

Comment

Hey,
      I'm entitled. But I'm seeing emails inbound to qqctech that are indicating others are having problems. I'm trying to look at the timestamps on them and determine if they are old problems or current.
      One of the BIGGEST things you can do is to upgrade to 6.1.0.1757 - that (has) seemed to help.
      I'm currently trying to ascertain why some (like Jim) and some in the emails are on 1757 and can't get Entitled.
      I'm running 1757 on Win7 Ult (64bit) and it's Entitling OK.

I'm curious - if you are Entitled Red - does the old procedure help to get you Entitled Green?
      1- Run QCharts and let it go to Entitled red.
      2- Click the Data Manger (DM) button on your toolbar.
      3- Click the grey square in the center of the DM to clear it.
      4- In the DM, click "File" then "Properties"
      5- In the upper RH corner of the "Connectivity" dialog box, change the radio button from top to bottom (Enterprise Server IP Address) and leave the box beside of the bottom radio button blank.
      6- Click "OK" and the Connectivity box will close and the DM will go red and put up a message about "Invalid username and password" etc. and the DM will show "NODATA" and "NONE"
      7 - Click "OK" to clear that message box.
      8- Now click "File" and "Properties" again.
      9- Change the radio button back to the top - do not make any other changes to the Connectivity box. Click OK to close the Connectivity box.
      10 - The DM should go back to "OK" and QCharts will be "Entitled" in a few seconds.

Comment

Tom and Bill, thank you to both for the replies.

I'm entitled now after a shut down and cold boot. I have no way of knowing if it was something on my end or not. The symptoms were red Entitled button and ESignal Data Manager unable to listen.

If it happens again I will try the routine outlined below.

Jim

Comment

Hey,
          It is kind of hard to say right now - it could have been a temp outage - the data network that power all of this really is a 24/7/365 kind of thing.
          It's possible that they had a problem and got it corrected already. There are a LOT of people that work behind the scenes globally (literally) to make all of this happen.

Comment

I finally upgraded to 1757 this weekend after being frustrated by the entitled problem... and am seeing about a 50% success rate with the 1757 build. i.e. I have to start/close/start/close QC once or twice to finally get entitled. Good grief!!!

lugz

Comment

Working...
            X