Date Contiguity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Contiguity

I seem to never retain how to fix this problem.

So if anyone wouldn't mind, how do we eliminate the Thanksgiving hole?

The MktHours.ini should be the one that QCharts uses for holiday hours, which is in the main QCharts directory.

The MktHours.inf file I have is from 11/24/2009 size 164 kb.

Try closing out of QCharts, deleting the MktHours.inf file and the TEMP folder from the QCharts Directory (C:\Program Files\QCharts) and then re-launching QCharts.

Close the program again and re-launch QCharts should put a new MktHours.inf file in the QCharts directory.

The one I now have is dated 11/27/2009 and is 164 kb.

Note: QCharts should be in XP mode and running as an admin if on vista or windows 7.
    Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 11-27-2009, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Didn't work.

I don't have the 11/24 mkt.inf file

I have the 11/19 one and I can't conjure the system to put up 11/24.

Isn't it the case that I can go into mkt.inf file and add a date, 112609 to the listing, and that will do it? After all, isn't that what all those date listings do?

Comment

Well just adding the date isn't enough as you have to add it to the correct symbol/exchange area and not all symbols have the same holiday trading hours.

When you close out of QCharts are you also closing out of the Data Manager as well? You should disconnect from the DM too.

Send me a PM (personal message) with your email address and I'll send you the MktHours.inf file I have and you would be able to copy that into your directory.

Here is an example of the YM and ES entries in MktHours that I have:

20091126P{62[-18:00,11:30,2]}
        20091127P{62[-18:00,9:30,2][9:30,13:15,1]}
        :ECBT:YM*

20091126P{62[-16:30,-17:30,2][-18:00,11:30,2]}
        20091127P{62[-18:00,9:30,2][9:30,13:15,1]}
        :CME:ES*

Comment

Blowing out DM did it.

I wasn't turning off the data manager as Qcollector needed it.

Well, maybe next time I'll remember this and it does show that DM needs to be updated too.

Worth the exercise although somewhat obvious.

Thanks, Todd
          Last edited by ahhaha; 11-27-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

ToddI,

I also am not able to conjur up the latest MktHours.inf file. I sent you a PM with my e-mail.

Thanks,

Carol

Edit - fwiw, I'm running WinXP-Pro, 64-bit
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ckelly; 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Carol,

If you have multiple installations of QCharts (it apears the directory name isn't the default), files like the MktHours.inf that the program uses could correspond to one located in a separate directory.

If you do a search for mkthours.inf, you could replace older versions in other directories with the most current version just to be on the safe side.

I've sent you the one from my directory dated 11/27 and is 164 kb if none of yours are current.
              Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks, ToddI -

Just for info, I tried multiple times to delete/replace the old/new MktHours.inf and even though I placed it in there, it still reverted to 9/8/09. So, I uninstalled (via Add/Remove Programs); deleted the c:\ProgramFiles(x86)\QCharts folder; ran regedit; rebooted; reinstalled QCharts x1757 and after an initial start, which reverted to 11/16/09 and then replacing this file twice with the Nov 30, 2009 MktHours.inf file you sent - it finally works.

So, just an fyi that something in there is causing even a fresh install to revert to an older file.

Thanks for sending the file via PM.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                X