new Indexes billing confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Indexes billing confusion

The recent email about having to manually add exchange indexes to our accounts to continue receiving real time index quotes is confusing to say the least. After re-reading it 4 times, I think I have a handle on it, but still have one question.

If we're already subscribed to a given exchange (for example the AMEX bid/ask for $2), I ASSume that we don't have to now subscribe to that exchange's index feed. Correct?

The only exception I can easily see is the MDI, which covers $SPX, $OEX, $VIX, etc. It looks like those indices aren't already included in any of the other exchange feeds.

By all means, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
    lugz

New Index Confusion

I too was confused but I think I figured it out. I didnt realize there was writing on the other side of the page.... Doh!!!!

jwh
    Last edited by jhill1965; 11-28-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Re: new Indexes billing confusion

Originally posted by lugnutz
      The recent email about having to manually add exchange indexes to our accounts to continue receiving real time index quotes is confusing to say the least. After re-reading it 4 times, I think I have a handle on it, but still have one question.

If we're already subscribed to a given exchange (for example the AMEX bid/ask for $2), I ASSume that we don't have to now subscribe to that exchange's index feed. Correct?

The only exception I can easily see is the MDI, which covers $SPX, $OEX, $VIX, etc. It looks like those indices aren't already included in any of the other exchange feeds.

By all means, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
      lugz
      Sorry about the confusion. It's a new concept and we found it difficult to explain.

To your questions, yes, if you already subscribe to either NYSE, AMEX, NASD or OPRA, you will automatically get their respective indices.

We'll also add DJ Indices to everyone taking NYSE ( others can select it for no charge)

And yes, you'll need to add MDI if you follow $SPX, $VIX, etc.

Hope that helps and thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
      X