One subscription on multiple PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One subscription on multiple PCs

I have a QCharts subscription (I've had it for many years). I have three computers in my trading room at home but I can only access the QCharts data feed on only one machine at a time. If I try to run QCharts simultaneously on different machines (which are inches away from each other) QCharts will disconnect. I am only running a few emini symbols so I don't use up much bandwidth. Is there something I can do to allow multiple access to QCharts data feed for PCs that are right next to each other (without having to pay for another subscription).

What I'm trying to do is to run QCharts on one PC and my automatic trading system (which uses QCharts data feed) on another machine.

Hi,
    Sorry, exchange regs say only one user at a time per sub. Each machine counts as a different, unique user. That's why you get auto-logged off.
    You can install QCharts on as many machines as you want - home, office, laptop, etc - but you can only access it on one machine at a time. Even if they are inches from each other.

Comment

More info is here:

Comment

If the rule is one computer = one data feed.

Suppose that you have one computer. This computer has multiple processers, 24 gig of ram and runs multiple versions of QC at the same time and has multiple screens. Wouldn't this work?

Regards
        Ron

Comment

Yes, that would work - because you're on ONE computer. I personally run several instances of QCharts at the same time during the day on my one trading computer and it's fine. Officially, installing more than one instance of QCharts on one computer isn't supported, but it can be done.

The reason it's discouraged is because there are some technical things that you can run into, but they can be dealt with if you have the knowledge and want to and this is not a violation of any exchange agreements, since you're on the one computer, and you're not running the same QCharts account across two or more different computers at the same time (which would be in violation - thus the DM will shut the last instances of QC down).

Comment

Working...
          X