Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCU to SCCO intraday data, is it all lost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCU to SCCO intraday data, is it all lost?

Southern copper changed symbols today. We are being told that intraday data will not be ported over.

In effect, this forces us to give this company time to build enough data to populate intraday charts.

When did this become policy for QCharts? If this is a resut of the move over to the ESignal servers we should have been notified of this.

Southern Copper company is one of our single largest holdings and we are unable to properly manage this position now on anything smaller than a daily chart?

Guidance here anyone?

PCU to SCCO

I agree that we need the intraday data moved over from the old symbol. This position is an important part of my portfolio. I'm happy that the options issue was resolved on the NDX and so forth. Would love to see the intraday options data again on all symbols like we had in the 5.X version. Makes a huge difference.
    Karen McMahan

Comment

I agree with Jim about intraday data for companies that change their names or symbols. If the change can be made transparent on the daily and weekly charts, then it should be possible to do it with the intraday charts, and it should be done. PCU or SCCO trades some 5-9 million shares per day so it is very popular.
      Thanks for hearing our needs.

Comment

No idea why several of the replies in this thread are missing but I want to thank the ESignal team for following through on their promise to port the PCu intraday history over to SCCO. The data is there today.

Thank you

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimRutherford
          No idea why several of the replies in this thread are missing but I want to thank the ESignal team for following through on their promise to port the PCu intraday history over to SCCO. The data is there today.

Thank you

Jim
          I am running 6.2.0.1819 and I still don't see the SCCO intraday history. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
          Eric Boehm

Comment

Hey,
            I'm seeing the same thing right now - SCCO stops at Feb 17th (ticker change date) on the intradays. I saw complete data Friday, 'cause I was working with another user who was having this problem.
            Now I am.
            Starting to wonder if it matters which server you get connected to. I'll report this upstairs internally to get it looked at.

In the meantime, you can try logging completely out of QCharts and the Data Manager, and either letting them sit (logged out) for 3 to 4 min to make sure the TCP/IP connections go out or restarting the computer - and then logging back in to see if you get a better server.

(On a separate note - I'd go on and upgrade to 6.2.0.1865)

Comment

I just checked and I still have extended intraday data for SCCO well beyond Feb 17th. However, at first I thought I saw the same as you. I only had intraday data back to Feb 17th but I left my chart expanded and after about 20 seconds the additional data came down and populated.

Intraday data has been terribly slow populating for me the past couple of weeks. In fact, on Friday my wife had to revert to a scaled down workspace because the data acquisition was so sluggish.

I'm saving up for a DS3 straight into ESignal then we'll get performance.

Jim

Comment

Off and on, my SCCO extended intraday data is displayed/not displayed. For example, yesterday, with several reboots of QC, I had extended history all day. Today, I do not.

Is it possible for someone to perhaps check each server and get the data installed on the ones missing it? See server info in pic.

Thanks,

Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

Carol,

You did not include the dates on your screen shot and I could not get your exact server but I did verify using eSignal as the application that some servers are lacking intraday data for SCCO as shown below.

~Bob
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bob,

The pic of SCCO 60-min chart: I took the pic this morning with the historical data missing, and the Server data is shown in the top half of the pic.

The lower part of the pic with Server data shown was taken yesterday.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                    X