bollinger bands don't paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bollinger bands don't paint

I've posted in the past about flat bollinger bands. I still see the problem intermittently.

Today, however, I have run across an example of NO bollinger bands. Attached is a pic.

Outside of closing and restarting QC, any ideas on what is causing this?

Multi-minute settings for accurate bars if that helps.
    Attached Files

Hi,
    Are you on 6.2.0.1865?
    How often do you see the flat bollinger bands?
    Once a day? a week? what tickers?

This has been reported before - but any further specifics you can give may help diagnose it. I personally haven't seen it but some others have.

Comment

Bill,
      I guess we've talked about this as long as we've been Beta testers - I am now running 6.2.0.1865:

Currently, just about every day (maybe 19 days a month), the BB's and mva's on a standard time frame 30-minute chart will stop painting/back-up along about 10-10:30am.

In the pic attached, they stopped/backed up three candles ago. Along about 1pm or so, they will stop painting/back up for the entire day and this continues until the close. I can pull up a 29-min or 31-min chart, and there is not this problem. Somewhere during the evening, the proper chart painting resumes.

Occasionally, I will see the BB's & mva's stop painting on other time frames - but, pretty much daily, it occurs on the 30-minute chart.

This occurs for any stock, any indices in my quote sheet - pick anything you want. I have rebuilt my workspace multiple times - and this occurs in a full workspace or in a new workspace with only one chart - a 30-minute chart - and nothing else.

ALSO: doesn't matter if I'm on MMB= Fast or Accurate . . . same results.

fyi,
      Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

I see this behavior as well, but on time frames other than 30 min charts (shorter and longer.) Perhaps not as often as Carol but often enough to be irritating...

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

Bill,
          One other bit of info - sometimes, I can "shake" the chart and the BB's and mva's will paint properly; sometimes I "shake" the chart and they do not return. Sometimes I'll "shake" the chart and they return but are pointing vertically, not smooth and rounded as would be expected.

fyi,
          Carol

Comment

Bill,
            One other bit of info - sometimes, I can "shake" the chart and the BB's and mva's will paint properly; sometimes I "shake" the chart and they do not return. Sometimes I'll "shake" the chart and they return but are pointing vertically, not smooth and rounded as would be expected.

fyi,
            Carol

Comment

try this

Carol
              I see this on occasion. When it occurs I maximize (click the little square in in upper right) chart and the result is the BBs appear. I can then the "_" in the upper right corner to put it back to the original size and the BBs disappear. I cannot predict which chart it will happen on but it usually occurs on smaller charts (55 min and smaller).

jwh

Comment

Originally posted by billbled
                Hi,
                Are you on 6.2.0.1865?
                How often do you see the flat bollinger bands?
                Once a day? a week? what tickers?

This has been reported before - but any further specifics you can give may help diagnose it. I personally haven't seen it but some others have.

Bill,
                Another example, fyi.

jhill1965 - thanks for the idea - glad it works for you, unfortunately, it doesn't (this morning, anyway) work for me. I'll try again and see - as sometimes "shaking" works; sometimes not.

fyi,
                Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X