• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x1865 CRASH

Pic tells the story.
    ck
    Attached Files

Carol,

You can take this for what's it worth, but have you tried starting your PC in Safe mode with Networking, and then seeing if QCharts will run. You only will get one screen, but if QCharts will run O.K., this may mean something else on your PC is interacting with QCharts in a bad way.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dcash
      Carol,

You can take this for what's it worth, but have you tried starting your PC in Safe mode with Networking, and then seeing if QCharts will run. You only will get one screen, but if QCharts will run O.K., this may mean something else on your PC is interacting with QCharts in a bad way.

-Dan

Dan,
      Thanks for the idea - I've been trying it - so far, no crash in Safe Mode. However, since the crashes have been so sporatic (whereas the other bugs can be reproduced at will, every day) - I'm thinking it may be some time before I see another and not having a crash in Safe Mode doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other?

I'll post if I do get a crash there.
      Thanks again for your help!

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
        Dan,
        Thanks for the idea - I've been trying it - so far, no crash in Safe Mode. However, since the crashes have been so sporatic (whereas the other bugs can be reproduced at will, every day) - I'm thinking it may be some time before I see another and not having a crash in Safe Mode doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other?

I'll post if I do get a crash there.
        Thanks again for your help!

Carol

Dan,
        I just realized - if I do get a crash in Safe Mode - what/how/where do I look to determine what other application/hardware would be attacking QCharts?

Thanks!
        Carol

Comment

Another Crash. This time the outline of the workspace had difficulty closing and this is the first time it gave me the hungapp error.

See pic.
          Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Carol,

You aren't by any chance running thinkDesktop at the same time as QCharts are you? I have noticed that if I start thinkDesktop before I start QCharts it locks up my entire PC at the QCharts login pop-up msg. box until I press the CTRL-ALT-DEL key combination to pop up the system screen associated with this key combination. I cancel out of the screen and then QCharts is O.K. and allows me to enter my user ID and log in. This only happens with QCharts and no other programs on my Windows 7 PC.

I seem to remember you saying you use thinkorswim, so I thought I would ask, thinking it might be causing weird behavior on your PC.

-Dan

Comment

Dan,

Thanks for the idea, but, no, I don't run thinkDesktop (I don't even know what that is ) . ..... and I run my back-up charts on a different computer to be sure there is nothing to conflict. On my QCharts computer - that is all I run 99% of the time. Later in the day I will open a browser to go to yahoo.com or post in the forums; occasionally, I will send an e-mail from the computer but it is a quick open/close of Outlook Express to do it. But, first thing in the morning and thru the open, it's just QCharts with the crash.

In the mornings, I start-up the computer, start QCharts - CRASH QCharts - reboot the computer / relogin to QCharts - and then it usually goes the 2nd time around. I know, really bazaar.

Last night with the crash, I had been running QC all day, and except for being exceptionally sluggish - with several reboots trying to alleviate that, it ran ok. I was closing everything down and was ready to shut off the computer and thought of one last thing I wanted to look at, so, with nothing else open, relogged into QC and it crashed.

I, personally, know of at least one other individual who has had similar issues (crashes, white screen of death), but, sadly, just isn't interested in contributing to the forums. I think others have it but just don't post because they see my comments and think that's enough for QC to work on it and don't realize that until multiple people communicate the problem, it won't get much attention. It really would be helpful for others to post.

I've been reading Karen's posts lately and Bill was able to crash her workspace, but in my case, I get a crash before the workspace even opens.

From a defensive mode, I completely rebuild my workspace on a regular basis just to be sure that it hasn't been corrupted (a real time-consuming pain). I usually open the same 'production' workspace every morning, but have gotten the crash with others. And, since the crashes have occurred from the beginning, since the initial Alpha testing, and, to the best of my memory, with every alpha and beta release, I see it as a bug that just hasn't been corrected.

Thanks for all your help!
              Carol

Comment

CRASH.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yet again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X