Waht's Up With the Continuum Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waht's Up With the Continuum Servers?

I have been having problems logging in to QCharts since Friday afternoon and it is the Continuum server connection. A family member who lives in a different locale has had the same problem with their QCharts login. It has taken me as many as five times before I can get the "Continuum feed ready" message. Are there server problems going on? Will they be fixed by Monday morning before the markets open?

Hey Dan,
    Yeah - I see it too over here in AVL. It's taking longer than normal for the Continuum connection to get ready. Mine did connect on first try just now (at 1:08pm EST Sunday) but it did take longer than usual.
    Are you still having to try and login multiple times? If you just leave it for 30 seconds or so do the CC servers connect for you?

Comment

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the response. It is still somewhat slow here as of 18:05 EST. From the time the "Please wait" message box popped up until I got the "Continuum ready" status message was about 30 seconds. I am including a screen show of the TCP/IP addresses to which QCharts connected.

-Dan
      Attached Files

Comment

I identified the Hayward Continuum servers that were not allowing login.
        Sent a note to the PTB detailing the issue.
        The servers now allow login.
        This issue appears to be solved.

LAM

Comment

Larry,

Thanks for the debugging and reporting! I am still seeing slowness on login this morning (20-30 second delays), beginning when I first tried logging on around 8 AM EST and continuing until present (10 AM).

Have there been any network changes lately? I know from personal experience that anytime you touch network configurations, including adding/moving servers on a network, unintended cosequences can pop up.

-Dan

Comment

Hey Dan,

Regarding any recent network changes, I have no idea. Outside of my privy.

Are you saying that at login, you are still getting a "Please wait" popup, and it sits there until a switch is made to another server? If so, what is the message in the lower left portion of your status bar on the bottom during the wait?

Once you do get connected, how 'bout doing a ctrl-alt-N and taking a screenshot of the router list and post that please.

One thing one could do is to delete file continuumclient.ini from your directory before starting QCharts. Then take a look at the set of servers with ctrl-alt-N. And also take a look at continuumclient.ini after exit of QCharts.

Here's what I'm seeing with ctrl-alt-N.

LAM
            Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

I just logged in for the first time at 11:05 EST and got the "Please wait" message box with the dancing dots again. From the time the message box popped up to when it finally connected me to the continuum server was about 25 seconds.

This has never happened consistently for me before. It would happen occasionally, but most of the time the continuum server connected within 2-3 seconds at most.

I am attaching the router list I captured as soon as I got connected. I am now going to delete continuumclient.ini and try restarting QCharts.-Dan
              Attached Files

Comment

Larry,

You da man! I deleted the continuumclient.ini and continuumclient.ini.bak files and restarted QCharts. The "Please wait" message box popped up right away and then disappeared as quickly as it flashed up. I got the "Continuum feed ready" status message on the bottom status bar within 2 seconds.

So, why did this make a difference? Inquiring minds want to know.

BTW, I also captured another router list and it is attached. Thanks for all your help.

-Dan
                Attached Files

Comment

Dan,

In the initial Router List screenshot you posted, the first entry in the list is...

That was the IP that you sat spinning on until QC moved to another IP.
                  The reason for the wait is that 172.24.131.247 is not a Continuum data server.
                  Why, or how, did that bogus IP get into your continuumclient.ini?
                  Ya got me, I dunno.

The second list you posted looks OK.
                  Crossing fingers you're good to go in future logins.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                  X