Extended lines disappearing when I click off of a stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended lines disappearing when I click off of a stock

Puzzled by this. I add extended lines to show support and resistance on XYZ stock's weekly chart on my workspace. I save the workspace. I click to view another stock. When I click back to XYZ stock, my lines have disappeared.

What do I need to do so that my extended lines stay put?

Hi ramette,

I'm not seeing an issue with line drawing.

When you say disappeared, do you mean it's gone as if you never drew the line?
    When a line is drawn, you should see an entry for that specific line if you R-click>Lines>Edit Lines.
    Are you saying when you come back to the symbol, the line on the charts is just flat out gone and the entry in Edit Lines is also gone?

Or do you mean it's disappeared from sight due to a difference in the price scale range.
    Ya know, was the chart stretched or compressed vertically in the right-side price pane when the line was initially drawn.
    And when coming back to the sym, the right-side price pane is different, with the result being that the line has been pushed out of sight due to the different price ranges.

There is a bug in QCharts where vertical scale isn't remembered.
    R-click>Price Scale>Remember VScale Preferences.
    http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....threadid=33129

LAM

Comment

Sigh. The problem was very much there when I posted, but it seems to have resolved on its own. My hunch is that it had something to do with the way Qcharts was saving either the layout file or the workspace. Reloading the layout files for each chart seemed to do the trick. Thank you for your response, Larry.

Comment

Okeydokie.

Make sure the setting in View>Preferences>Charts is set as you wish.
        Namely "Include lines in chart layout files".

LAM

Comment

I have noticed the disappearing line phenomenon as well.

It happens as several different types of occurences...

1) The chart for a Stock in a quote sheet has extended lines drawn for support / resistance. Lets say you 'cycle' through (hit space bar) some stocks. Then type in a stock symbol in the entry box (that you previously just looked and all previous lines were ok), the new typed in symbol, can be missing lines. If you click back on a different stock, and then click back on the stock you just typed in the lines will appear again. I just tested for RKH and this happened. It doesn't happen every time though. This is a low medium occurrence.

2) For some reason some lines just disappear from a stock. I mean i drew it and several days, weeks, months later it is gone. It is not a settings issue and I didn't accidentally delete it. i can load a previous version of the workspace and all lines will be there, one or two will just have disappeared from the current workspace. I then have to Redraw the line. This is a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

Comment

I see this a lot and it's pretty frustrating. It basically means a workspace reload whenever I want to change symbols unless I don't want lines.

I'm happy to help debug this, but it's not 100% reproducible.

Comment

Working...
            X