Symbol Limit exceeded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Limit exceeded

For the last few days, I keep getting symbol limit exceeded.
    Examples:

The status bar shows 182 symbols when I only have 1 symbol on my screen in the charts and a quote sheet.

The status bar shows 252 symbols when I only have 95 symbols on my screen in the charts and a quote sheet.

My Qcharts is up todate.

How do I correct this?

Thanks

If you getting the message it would mean that the Data Manager is trading that many symbols.

Things you can check:

Open window or Options Chains that are minimized or behind other windows,
    Under the window menu it will show all the windows that you have open. If it more than the chart and the quote window. You may want to close the extra windows.

Alerts that have been set
    (Alerts-->View Alerts on the main menu will display any alerts you have set)

You can also go into the Data Manager Data-->Symbols and see the symbols that the data manager has stored.

This way if you see some that are familiar or a lot of options symbols you'll know it's an options chain or something like that.

Comment

Symbol limit exceeded

Does anyone know if a symbol appears in more than one place on a workspace, say two charts of different time frames and a quote sheet whether its counted as 1 or 3 symbols? This could help manage the symbol count. Also, if one of your symbols also appears in a hotlist is it counted twice?

Les

Comment

Les,

Each symbol is counted once no matter how many times it shows up in a workspace. For example MSFT in 3 chart and in the quote window is counted as 1 symbol.

Comment

Working...
        X