Historical Data not painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Data not painting

Every day this week the Historical Intraday Data has reverted to only 6 months. Sometimes, it's easy to just ignore this problem, however, sometimes, Daily Charts will not paint, so I revert to using a 390-minute chart.

Thus the problem - with only 6 months of Historical Intraday Data, the 200mva on a 390-minute chart is very skewed. See pic for example of JOYG where the difference in a Daily and a 390-minute chart painting a 200 mva is over $6.

Please correct. Thanks,
    Carol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckelly; 06-03-2010, 08:10 AM.

I am seeing all intraday historical data (or at least for all of the 10 symbols I checked at random) stop on or about 12/28/2009. I believe I am logged on to server #24.

Comment

As of 11:50 AM EDT, I am now seeing the historical data on intraday charts back past the six month mark. I deleted my ContinuumClient.ini and the corresponding .bak file, but the first time logging in after doing this I still got no extended historical intraday data.

The next login I noticed I was assigned to cc-16 server and the extended intraday historical data was back. I don't know if this is merely coincidental or if it really is a server issue.

I would appreciate an explanation of what happened from the QCharts tech. support folks.

-Dan

Comment

Dan,
        The "CC" servers (Continuum) do not provide any stock data, extended history or otherwise. Just Breadthalyzers.

All stock data comes from the eSignal Data Manager, which pulls from the eSignal server farm, not the CC servers.

Comment

Dan,

It was likely a specific intraday data server issue.

Like Bill just said, it wasn't to do with any of the servers you see in Ctrl-Alt-N (displays the Continuum servers only) or the Continuumclient.ini file. The "continuum" servers only serve up Breadthalizer data. Ya know, like QC:ADVDEC-QC.

The intraday data for stocks/futures/etc come from eSignal data servers (remote port 2192). It's helpful when reporting issues of this type to include the IP address of the intraday data connection.

Here's posts on Port Definitions and how to find the IP associated with the various ports used for data streaming.

Port Definitions...

Netstat -N example

LAM

Comment

Larry,
            Here's my Intraday Server data for today - I didn't grab it earlier.

fyi,
            Carol
            Attached Files

Comment

Howdy CK,

hmmm...I hooked up to the same IP a few minutes ago, yet have intraday data back to 2001.
              Are you still having an issue with intraday history at this time, assuming you're still connected to the same IP?

LAM
              Originally posted by ckelly
              Larry,
              Here's my Intraday Server data for today - I didn't grab it earlier.
              fyi,
              Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
                I had logged in/out - new servers and now, I'm seeing Historical Intraday data.

Server data attached.
                Thanks,
                Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
                  It's happening again . . . .See pic.

Carol
                  Attached Files

Comment

CK,

Looks like a somewhat different issue now. It's more than just stopping at 6 months back, which is the intraday data carried on the primary data servers. The data prior to 6mo back comes from backend extended data servers. As you can see...Houston, we have an issue here. FWIW, what you see in the QCharts chart doesn't manifest in eSignal 10, with eSig 10 running concurrently and connected to same server. The issue appears to be systemic now. QCharts Support and Development are aware of the situation per an offlist communication with Support. It looks like the problem started today, or perhaps yesterday with what you were seeing being an early and partial manifestation...assuming that in fact the missing extended data in your charts yesterday was not all chunked up but rather was just absent altogether.

Anyhow, "they" are aware. To me the issue appears to be system wide now, and confined to QCharts what with eSignal looking OK. I have no info on when a fix will happen.

LAM
                    Larry, It's happening again . . . .See pic.
                    Carol
                    Attached Files

Comment

LAM,
                      It seems that every time I look at it - the Historical Data is painted differently - sometimes, everything beyond 6 months is missing; sometimes there is one big gap in data like your pic shows, followed by a continuation of the data; and today, I see alternate data/empty spaces.

See pic.
                      Carol
                      Attached Files

Comment

CK,

Hopefully a fix is in process. I'm not privy to whazzup with that.

LAM
                        LAM,
                        It seems that every time I look at it - the Historical Data is painted differently - sometimes, everything beyond 6 months is missing; sometimes there is one big gap in data like your pic shows, followed by a continuation of the data; and today, I see alternate data/empty spaces.

See pic.
                        Carol

Comment

Intraday history still missing this morning. Attached PNG file shows the server involved.

Any chance that eSignal will give us account rebates for unavailability of data, kind of like the cable TV company does when your cable is out for an extended period of time?

Also, not to complain too much, but how come this is not a problem with eSignal when QCharts is the platform that had all the original data which then got ported to eSignal. I feel somewhat slighted!

-Dan
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Our developers are looking at what happened. This may be the result of a recent server upgrade or a server configuration change, and something slipped through our QA tests. This may be a quick change on the server or this may be a software change. More details as we know it.

If you feel a credit is needed, please do feel free to call into our technical support department to request this.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Update: Server engineers have identified the problem, and are working to correct this. Most of the servers will be fixed by Wednesday evening, while the rest of the servers will be scheduled throughout the remainder of the week.
                              Regards,
                              Jay F.
                              Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                              X