Where Are the CME eMini Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are the CME eMini Data?

I am seeing no CME eMini data this morning. When I load my charts I briefly see the data flash up on the charts and then it disappears. This is happening whether I use the continuous symbol or the September 2010 contract symbol.

I am now seeing candles paint after the 9:30 open but there is nothing but blank space from the close on Friday at 6:30 to the open.

I exited out and reloaded my charts and now I get blank space from Friday close until my chart opens; i.e., I get no candles painted even after 9:30 until the chart is opened.

Update - I was on the phone w/ tech. support while typing, and the problem is resolved. Also, it was not just the eMinis but everything I tried running on intraday charts with All Sessions checked.

Deleting the TEMP directory, deleting the CorpAct and MktHours files in both the QCharts and SigText directories, as well as running in XP SP3 compatibility mode and running as Administrator fixed things.

I actually think it may have been the running as Administrator that fixed things. Even though I give my regular user account full rights to the QCharts directory, there may have been some UAC file virtualization going on that screwed things up. Up to now, I have been running QCharts with no problems using no compatibility and no Administrator privileges. As long as my user account has full privileges to the QCharts directory, everything seemed to work O.K. with winros.ini file being virtualized.

Kudos to the guys on the tech support phone lines for being patient and knowledgeable.

Jay - any chance that QCharts 7 and eSignal 11 will be fully Windows 7 compatibile so they can run using a regular user account without compatibility settings and Administrator privileges being required

Comment

Glad to hear you're back up and running.

eSignal 11 / QCharts 7 is fully compatible with Windows 7, and is very close to being certified as well. Settings are saved in the registry, pages are saved in a folder under My Documents, and other related changes are helping on this front. We test the application as a non-admin user and as an admin to ensure both states run fine.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X