No announcement yet.

Charts for options with QCharts Basic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charts for options with QCharts Basic?

I subscribe to Basic QCharts (have for the last 12 years!), and was wondering if I can get charts for equity and ETF options if I add OPRA. I don't need any options tools which are apparently offered through QCharts Plus, neither do I plan to trade index options.

You might recall that QCharts 5.x had the ability to see charts of an option on all timeframes. QCharts 6 will only display option price charts on Daily or bigger charts... I know I sound like a broken record to the eSignal folks... I want intraday option charts back. QCharts has improved in many ways but I still miss the ability to view and study intraday option charts.

Some folks have found a workaround for intraday options charting. You can pull up option symbol during trading hours and it will begin to populate on all charts. But just from the point when you pulled up that option. Apparently, if you leave QCharts running and set on an option symbol all the time, the charts will continue to populate but once you leave it and come back to it, no data will be displayed until the next trade is recorded.

The best thing you get with OPRA subscription in QCharts is option quotes/bid/asks. Option quotes and chains are vastly improved over just a few months ago. More responsive quotes and much more accurate compared to my brokerage. I never relied on QCharts option quotes much until lately.

Please eSignal, bring back options intraday charting...

Good luck,
    Tom

Comment

Tom,

Many thanks for your reply. I do recall that intraday options charts were available with QCharts 5.x. What's interesting is that MarketWatch displays intraday options charts, and it appears that data is provided by Reuters.

I notice that MW has a partnership with eSignal for LiveCharts, perhaps intraday option charting is available with LiveCharts? Someone from eSignal needs to confirm this.

svtrader

Comment

We do not currently provide historical intraday options data.

It is a topic that has come up previously with regards to its feasibility (cost to make it available) and to date I haven't heard of a definitive determination on it's implementation.

Comment

svtrader and tradertom,

I agree.

Please, Esignal, let's get more serious about this option data.

Options are an integral part of the market and we're missing
          it from 5x like we used to have it. Yes, it was throttled, but
          by midnight, it was pretty trustworthy.

Please move this issue to the forefront and escalate it.

Thanx,

'Tail.

Comment

Intra-day Options

I agree that this needs to be moved to the front burner. Knowing when there are large spikes in options is a integral part of trading options.

Comment

Working...
            X