Labor Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day

When will we get the files to fix our charts for the Labor Day holiday (or did I miss them?)
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Hey Jim,

The Labor Day update has been on the servers for about a week now.
    I assume you have shut down and started QCharts at least a couple of times in the last week.
    Also assumed is that you do not have a MktHours.UNF in your QCharts directory.
    Here's a paste of a canned procedure. Let's see if this will get you going.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following assumes if Vista/Win7, the "compatibility" settings have been done.
    http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=4566&p=25 (Win7)
    http://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=3742&p=25 (Vista)

Very short procedure description. Assumes QCharts and Data Manager are not running.
    1. Delete MktHours.TAB and/or CorpActs.TAB from SigText subdirectory.
    2. Start winros.exe (DM) in QCharts main directory first.
    3. Count to 10 and then Start QCharts

Longer procedure description...
    Let's assume you're running QCharts, and for whatever reason decide to force a download of a new TAB.
    1. Help>View Program Directory to open Explorer positioned at QCharts.
    (Explorer Views is Details so can see FileNames and FileTypes)
    2. Exit QCharts making sure the Data Manager (winros.exe) also shuts down, the DM icon in SystemTray disappears.
    3. Open in Explorer the SigText sub-folder and delete the CorpActs.TAB and/or MktHours.TAB file.
    4. Go back to the main QCharts directory (where QCharts.exe lives) and click the DM (winros.exe) to start it "first", before QCharts. Count to 10 then check in SigText to see if the TAB has been downloaded by DM. If a new TAB isn't in SigText, i.e. didn't show up after starting DM winros.exe then ...Houston, we have a problem that needs to be figured out.
    5. Click QCharts.exe to start it. The TAB will be copied to main folder with FileType changed to INF. You should now be good to go.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAM

Comment

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yep, I've had Qcharts up and down several times in the last week.

I deleted MktHours.TAB and CorpActs.TAB from the SigText directory, fired up winros.exe and started Qcharts again - still a gap for yesterday. Check that there was a new MktHours.TAB and CorpActs.TAB file in SigText - there was. Started Qcharts again - still flat gap for yesterday...

Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right!

BTW, I am running 6.2.0.1896 if that matters.
      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Well, phooey, hmmmm, and ?? on that.

Just sent email to you.

LAM

Comment

I'm all set now. I had a Mkthours.UNF in my Qcharts directory!

Thanks!

Jim
          -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the Thanks.

LAM

Comment

I am also running 6.2.0.1896 and still showing gaps after following Larry's instructions. Anyone running 6.2.0.1896 without gaps for Labor Day.

Comment

Hi sgray1340,

I sent you a PM.

LAM
                Originally posted by sgray1340
                I am also running 6.2.0.1896 and still showing gaps after following Larry's instructions. Anyone running 6.2.0.1896 without gaps for Labor Day.

Comment

Working...
                X