2143 - "GoTo Date" For Intraday Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2143 - "GoTo Date" For Intraday Not Working

I just upgraded to rel 2143 and the "goto date" functionality is not working for intraday charts. I cannot get 10, 15, and 30 minute charts to display back to 1/1/2009 this way for either X or GOOG.

If I manually scroll back on a 30 min. chart to 1/1/2009 and use the HOME key to return to current date, it will then let me use "goto date" to return to 1/1/2009.

This looks like the "goto date" functionality will not go out and retrieve the data on its own, but if the data has already been buffered by scrolling back then the "goto date" functionality will work.

Will you please correct this, I use "goto date" all the time for doing historical research on intraday charts going back several years.

BTW, I checked my account settings and they show that I have extended intraday historical data enabled.

Add rel. 1896 to the can't get historical intraday data with 30 or less minutes selected as chart time frame when using "GO TO DATE" and selecting a date further back in time. I helped a friend upgrade to rel. 2143 over the weekend and we noted that 1896 has the same historical intraday data problem for some symbols. We tried the same symbols as I tried with 2143 and had exactly the same behavior. So this appears to not be a problem just with rel. 2143.

Comment

And the answer is - according to a call to tech support - the "go to date" functionality has some issues that are related to caching of historical data on the server side, and there is work underway to improve this functionality. I was assured that even if "go to date" is not working, scrolling backwards by screen will work.

BTW, the inability to pull up 5 min. charts for GOOG and X inputting 1/1/2009 as the date has cleared up today. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
      X