E-Mini Futures updates on MLK holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mini Futures updates on MLK holiday

I am receiving E-Mini futures updates on intraday charts and the weekly chart has begun to draw a candle for this week but nothing on the daily chart since Friday. This is using ES #F and NQ #F with the all sessions boxes checked on the intraday charts. Can anyone tell me if this is the expected behavior?

Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim,

I too noticed that with intraday charts set for All Sessions, the futures are updating as are the Quote Sheets. Unticking All-Sessions reverts the charts back to Friday's closing charts which are static. I am not sure this is expected behavior. Futures markets are open for business and charts do not reflect that.

Can someone at eSignal correct this?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comment

If I remember correctly, the daily chart always runs one day behind on volume, but is current on price. I just checked the prices against this URL - http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equi...es_globex.html and they line up with what my Daily chart is showing for ES #F. What I also show is that the volume listed for today's date, which is not updating, very closely matches the volume CME shows on the settlement for 1/14/11.

So, is this behavior expected - yes. Is it correct - that's an entirely different matter.

Comment

dcash, I believe you are referring to the price reported in the daily snapshot bar on the daily chart. I also noticed that. My concern though is no candle being painted for today and what effect that may have on indicators.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

The trading activity in ES is for Trade Date Tuesday, and there shouldn't be and will not be a Daily bar for Monday, the MLK holiday. This trading activity today will show in the All Sessions chart. The trading ceases today at 11:30 EST and resumes at 18:00. The Daily bar for Tuesday should begin forming this evening at 18:00 when Tuesday trading resumes. It's been this way as long as I can remember. A quirk of QCharts regarding the Daily bar formation.

Edit Addition:
          For those interested, here's the CME trading schedule that talks to today's activity being for trade date Tuesday.
          http://www.cmegroup.com/tools-inform...uther-king.pdf

LAM

Comment

Thanks for the reply Larry, that helps a lot.

Jim

Comment

You are welcome, Jim.

I added a link to my earlier post.

LAM
              Originally posted by JimRutherford
              Thanks for the reply Larry, that helps a lot.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X